Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner November 2022

Photos

Li, on June 22, 2022 at 12:15 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 7
We had our engagement photos done a month ago. We were told it would take 1-2 weeks max to get our photos back. We still have not gotten them and it’s 2 weeks pay the date we were told we would have them. Is it appropriate to reach out to our photographer?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Imani, on June 22, 2022 at 1:32 PM
  • S
    Super September 2022
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Yes, you can reach out. Be friendly about it as they may be busy with wedding season. Something along the lines of "Hey, how are you? I was checking in to see if you had an update on our engagement photos? We are super excited to see the outcome!"

• Imani
    Rockstar July 2022
    Imani ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Yes, definitely reach out. They should be able to give you a timeline.
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Since the initial deadline they gave you has passed by a couple weeks, I would reach out to them to ask! Something along the lines of, "We were recently discussing our engagement photos, and we are so excited to see how they turn out! Do you have an estimate of when we can expect to receive them?"
  • L
    Beginner November 2022
    Li ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, I feel so conflicted because to be honest she has NOT been the photographer of my dreams. We had previously used her just for couples photos and LOVED how our photos turned out. She advertises herself as an adventure photographer and says she will help find the perfect outdoor location and help along the way. I loved our previous photos so much I thought I HAD to have her for our wedding. But she has not responded to questions I’ve asked for weeks on end, seems irritated by my questions and just seems overall grumpy with me which makes me feel like I’m walking on eggshells. I was dreading our engagement session because of this but we already paid her a lot of money so I decided we were still going to use her. At our engagement photos she was really pleasant, so I was hopeful she had turned a corner. But now this. And not to mention she canceled our original engagement shoot date and rescheduled, which is fine. But I honestly feel like I’m in an abusive relationship with how up and down and hot and cold she is. 🤣😭
  • L
    Beginner November 2022
    Li ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I’m trying to think of the perfect wording as to not ruffle her feathers because she’s been so hot and cold with me.
  • L
    Beginner November 2022
    Li ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, still pondering over the perfect wording.
  • Imani
    Rockstar July 2022
    Imani ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Good afternoon (persons name), my name is (your name). I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to touch bases with you regarding our wedding photos. Our wedding was on (date) and I’d like to get a timeline as to when we will receive them. We understand this is a busy time for you, but any update would be greatly appreciated. Something along those lines.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics