We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Fany
Devoted October 2021

Photography 馃摲

Fany, on July 4, 2020 at 8:47 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 9
Saved Save
I absolutely dislike about 99 percent of my photos, which is a shame because I typically like what I see when I look in the mirror. I'm concerned about spending a lot of money on photography only to like only one or two pictures out of all the photos.

How much are you paying or how much would you pay for wedding photography?

9 Comments

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    Wedding photography on average is pricey :/
    If you鈥檙e worried about it you鈥檒l like it, that鈥檚 when looking at their portfolios would be reassuring of their style but also wedding photographers tend to take so many photos that I鈥檓 sure there would be more than just one or two you鈥檇 like.
    I was lucky that I only paid around $400 which covered my friends flight. She normally charges $2k for wedding photography thought
  • Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S
    • Flag
    Mine was $2246 for 7 hours. I wouldn鈥檛 have liked my photos if I didn鈥檛 have my hair and makeup professionally done and told my photographer what angles I prefer.
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag

It depends on if you are doing an intimate ceremony which some photographers may have separate pricing. I will say really do some research and look at the photographers pictures and comments. Do you have brides that have used photographers they recommend for their wedding? In my opinion this is something to splurge on. I just met with two of my friends today and on different occasions both told me they did not fully love their wedding pics because of lack of experience. My friend today told me that while the pricing was good for what she got there were a lot of pictures they missed and she got some nice shots but cannot say she fully was satisfied. I would sooner budget on hair and make up and the cake for good photography. What exactly do you now like about pictures of you? Also, many photographers edit pics to look well and you should be able to express your concerns and see if they can work with it.

• Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica
    • Flag
    I know what you mean. I did a lot of research on photographers before we decided on one. We loved his portfolio, and when we met him chatting with him was so effortless and comfortable so it put me more at ease. We are paying $2000 for 6 hours, but I understand rates vary significantly based on what part of the country you are in.
    I met several photographers going to bridal shows, which I got free tickets for online. Several vendors offered discounts to people they met at the show. If events like this can start happening again, it can be worth it to get discounts and win free services.
  • Christina
    Dedicated January 2021
    Christina
    • Flag

The package I chose is $2,000. It includes a 2 hour engagement session and all day coverage on wedding day. The photographer says all day coverage yields 2,000+ photos.

My package also includes a USB drive of all the edited photos so I can have them printed myself which can save ton of money.

It's important to look at the photographer's portfolio to get a sense of their work and their experience level. A good photographer knows how to angle and pose for flattering photos. I would also recommend reading their reviews and if you can reach out to some of their previous clients.

For me, photography is super important so the photographer is the most expensive vendor/cost of my wedding. The photographer is the first decision I made (even before venue).

• Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca
    • Flag

Our photographer and second shooter were $4k, and that's a massive discount for our area.

Finding someone who you mesh with and the style you like is critical.

...I say that, like I didn't just hire the photographer a friend told me to... but, to be fair, said friend is a semi-famous photographer whose work is featured in the news a lot. So, we took that advice as a gift and went with it. We were very pleased.

So. Talk to your friends who have had professional photos done. Ask your friends who they used when they got married (if you like their pics). Work those references!

• V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica
    • Flag
    Prices range a lot for wedding photography. There are so many different factors to consider. Location, experience of the photographer, if you will be having a second shooter (highly recommend), how long the photographer will be at your wedding, etc. For our wedding, we paid $2,300 which included an engagement session, 10 hours of coverage on the day of the wedding, a second shooter, 400+ edited photos on an online gallery and USB, and 25 prints (we actually got 30 because she was having a sale at the time where you got five extra for free). Our photographer had only been a professional photographer for a few years so her prices are cheaper than most of the other photographers in the area, but I picked her because she was a photographer for my friend's wedding and I loved her photos. Once you select a photographer, I would voice your concerns. Hopefully, he or she is able to assure you that your photos will look amazing.
  • Elysia
    Savvy May 2021
    Elysia
    • Flag
    Photography is one of the most important things for me personally, so I totally understand your concern. That鈥檚 where a lot of research comes in to play. I talked to over 10 different photographers, and asked each one to see a fully gallery of photos from a wedding they鈥檝e shot. Besides price, this was the deciding factor for me鈥攕o many of them just looked like people with cameras who didn鈥檛 really know what they were doing. Decide what you want your photos to look like, and don鈥檛 settle for less than that! Photographers can be pretty pricey, but in my opinion, this is the place where you can splurge a little. We are paying $1500 for our photographer and second shooter for our four hour brunch wedding. Our price is lower because my mom took our engagement photos (she is a photographer!) and our wedding will be over by 3pm.
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan
    • Flag

We spent $2,000 for 6 hours of photography coverage. Prices will vary based on your location. Photography will be one of the most important parts of you wedding. Besides your memories, it is the only things (unless you also hire a videographer) you can take with you that captures your day forever. When you get your hair and makeup done and put on your wedding gown, I think you will feel completely different about how you look in your photos.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles