Rocky
Beginner October 2019

Photography Help

Rocky, on August 3, 2019 at 8:17 PM Posted in Planning 0 4
Saved
So I’m a plus size bride and our wedding will be in California and we currently live in Texas. We took our engagement photos with a different photographer than our wedding photographer and although I love some photos from my e-session there were a lot that I didn’t like because I looked so unflattering. I think she didn’t know that I was self conscious about it and it was my fault because I never voiced it to her.

Although I have lost some weight I am still plus size and I’m not sure how or if I should voice my concerns to my wedding photographer. We haven’t met yet because she’s in California and I’m in Texas so everything has been communicated through emails. These photos are something that I’m going to have to look back on so do I tell her and just be upfront with her and how do I say it without sounding like a bridezilla?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Mary, on August 3, 2019 at 10:45 PM
  • Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Is there a certain angle that bothers you? A body part? Because if for example you really hate your back you could mention it and say you want to reduce photos of you from behind the photographer will likely be glad to know. They want you to be happy with their photos. If you have 2-3 photos from the engagement shoot you really hate you could show the wedding photographer so they know
  • K
    Just Said Yes December 2019
    Keisha ·
    • Flag
    For sure mention whatever you are feeling. They are there to capture your day and they want you to be happy with their work. You also have to truly evaluate if it’s all them or is it you. So you can have an unbiased evaluation of the work. Most photographers consider themselves artist and they want to capture your important moments in a way that combines their artistic mind with who you are and your beauty so let them know. Be as honest as possible you are not being a bridezilla! Especially since you are paying to capture forever moments. And remember that though you May feel some type of way about your looks your hubby to be loves you and sees you in a way that you don’t see your self.

PS. See if you can face time
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I think a good photographer will listen and respect your wishes. They're supposed to help you feel confident and at your best!

• Mary
    Expert July 2019
    Mary ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding photographer did our engagement photos as part of the same package. However, before doing so, he did ask if there was anything specific that I am self-conscious about so he can help with minimizing or moving the focus away from it. Definitely speak up - I don't think this is anything out of the ordinary in their profession.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics