Skip to main content
C
Beginner August 2023

Photographs after wedding

Caitlin, on July 7, 2022 at 2:56 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 8
Saved
Who is supposed to go with the bride and groom to get photos? Is it just the bridal party and parents? Or do siblings go as well? We are only having my sister, as the maid of honor, and my fiancé’s best friend, as his best man. However, my fiancé has both a brother and a sister. Do they still go with us to get pictures???

8 Comments

Latest activity by Paige, on July 8, 2022 at 10:58 AM
  • Imani
    Rockstar July 2022
    Imani ·
    • Flag
    Yes! Like the group pictures? My sister definitely included siblings and parents in the photos. I’d say add them in as well.
  • B
    VIP July 2017
    Becky ·
    • Flag

We took family pictures after the wedding, with both his family and mine. (Full disclosure, our siblings and their wives were in the bridal party. We did have my SIL's parents bring our nephew over, so he could be in the "my side" family photo.) It's really up to y'all as to what photos you want. If you want a "family photo" with his full family, then yes, they would stick around for photos.

• Michelle
    Rockstar December 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Whomever you want pictures of should go with you. Let them know ahead of time so they don’t go somewhere else. Often it’s customary for family photos to be taken among the mix of bridesmaids/groomsmen.

Some couples choose to take all photos before the wedding. And let everyone know to stick around or get to the venue early so pictures can be taken promptly.
  • Shannon
    Expert July 2022
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    We are taking pictures with immediate family and best man and woman. Do this before the wedding so that your makeup and hair are intact.
  • Taylor
    Rockstar October 2022
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

We're doing a first look before the wedding and we'll be doing pictures with our bridal party, parents, grandparents, and his aunt & uncle. Also his two cousins and their husbands because we were included in their pre-ceremony photos. I'm not close with my family so it'll only be my parents, sister who is my moh and my grandparents. Honestly I think what it boils down to is having whoever you want come with

• Sara
    Devoted September 2022
    Sara ·
    • Flag

Whomever you want! But, the more people you include, the longer it takes. I am going to include my immediate family (grandma, parents, siblings and their spouses and their kids...that's it. No aunts/uncles/cousins/etc.) But, all of this will be done before the wedding.

• Jasmine S.
    Rockstar May 2022
    Jasmine S. ·
    • Flag
    We did our bridal party and immediate family pics before the ceremony, then extended family right after the ceremony.
  • Paige
    Rockstar October 2022
    Paige ·
    • Flag

We'll probably do bridal party and immediate family (siblings, parents, grandparents) immediately afterwards for all the formal photos at the church, then the bridal party is piling into the limo or bus or whatever to go do more candid/ fun pictures at a spot near the reception. Parents and grandparents are welcome to join for those, but if they'd rather visit with other guests then that's fine with me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics