We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kari
VIP May 2020

Photographer Tip

Kari, on August 10, 2020 at 12:35 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 1 6
Saved Save

Our photographer is co-owner of her wedding photography business and our package includes a second shooter for a portion of our event. For tipping, should we give separate tips to both photographers or one cash tip to our main photographer for her to split as she deems appropriate?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kari, on August 10, 2020 at 1:47 PM
  • L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    The photographer for my wedding owns his own business, and we are also having a second shooter (as an add on for our photography package). We plan on giving separate tips to both the main photographer and the second shooter.
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Daughter's photographer owns the business. We gave him a cash tip of two $100 bills in an envelope with a note the day of the wedding. We are virtually certain he either split it with his second shooter or gave it all to her.

• Kari
    VIP May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks! Are you planning to tip them both similarly?

• L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We're haven't decided yet, we aren't sure what the etiquette is on that, though we were initially thinking that we would tip the main photographer a little more for a few reasons: he did our engagement photos (both shot and edited them), he will be at our wedding a few hours longer than the second shooter, and (to my knowledge) he edits all pictures regardless of if they were taken by him or the second shooter. I need to do more research to figure out if we should give them both the same amount, or if it's OK to give one a little more than the other.
  • Molly
    Rockstar September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

I would do separate tips to each photographer.

• Kari
    VIP May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, our situation is similar. We didn't do engagement photos but ended up doing a mini-ceremony/elopement on our original wedding day and our photographer did that for us. Also in our package the second shooter is included for two hours less than the main photographer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles