A
Dedicated August 2019

Photo booth props - corny or fun?

Am, on June 19, 2019 at 1:45 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 15
Saved Save
Hi! We’re having a photos booth and it included props. Wondering what the consensus is on props. I’ve never like using props, i like just getting a nice picture when I’ve used photo booth at other people’s weddings. What’s the general feeling on props?

15 Comments

• Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

If they're included, does it matter? I didn't use them for mine, but most of the guests did. I wouldn't pay extra for them, but included? Who cares? Smiley smile

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

If I had the room in my budget I would have one for sure. I think they look fun. I've never been to a wedding that had one, but I did get pics taken in one at a bridal show.

• Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

I like props! I think they're fun. Smiley smile Our photo booth comes with props as well, and we'll be using them.

• A
    Dedicated August 2019
    Am ·
    • Flag
    Good question!! I should’ve said I’m having a hard time finding space for the photo booth in our reception hall. It’s a small photo booth (the iPad with a light around it-looking one) but even so it’s feeling tricky to find space for it. I’m trying to find a way to make the photo booth take up as little space as possible - aka not using/displaying the props but am I taking away a fun component of the photo booth from the guests? Will the props be missed or do people not care for them anyway? lol
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag

I feel the exact same way as you said, but I feel like most other people seem to like them? Personally I feel like they're a little sweet-sixteen-ish but maybe I'm the odd one out Smiley tongue

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I had props at mine and it was a hit. Everyone uses props pretty much. And they don't have to be expensive at all! You can even print out some signs thatre fun like "came here for the cake" or "team bride" and put it on sticks and that can be used as props
  • Kim
    Super September 2019
    Kim ·
    • Flag

I like the props! That's part of the experience! But with or without props, they are fun anyway.

• Justine
    Super July 2019
    Justine ·
    • Flag
    They’re totally fun! We didn’t hire a photo booth, but we are having a “selfie station” with props we found at hobby lobby. We hope people use it!
  • Jess
    Super September 2019
    Jess ·
    • Flag

Even if you don't use the props some guests may so if their included in the price you should still have them offered.

• E
    Dedicated May 2019
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    I love photo booths! I don’t personally use most props when I take a photo booth pic, but others guests will use them. Our photo booth pictures turned out so fun from our wedding! Many guests at our wedding put on the funny glasses, hats, etc that our photo company provided.
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2019
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Justine we are doing that too! Are you going to put a sign up? I think I might!
  • Justine
    Super July 2019
    Justine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes! I made one and framed it!

Photo booth props - corny or fun? 1
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2019
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    How did you make it? What materials needed? I plan on making my seating charts and all my signs in picture frames myself
  • Justine
    Super July 2019
    Justine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Most of my signs I literally made on PowerPoint and printed them out on cardstock. I found some fun fonts and I just took the glass from the frame, traced it, and cut the cardstock so it would fit. Most were 8x10 frames with the exception of my cupcake flavor frames which were 3x5. It’s super easy!

My seating chart I did not print myself. I bought a template from Etsy and typed all the names and table numbers. I will take it to a local print shop to print as it is poster sized.
  • Michelle
    Super August 2019
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    We're making our own photo booth using one of those Fuji Instax cameras and a simple backdrop. We aren't supplying any props. I think a lot of people like them to take fun pictures with but I don't think people will be disappointed if there aren't any. We did buy some blow up instruments and it came with some funny glasses so maybe people will use those as props but nothing specific for the photo booth.

Comment on this discussion