Jasmine
VIP August 2020

Personal Touches!

Jasmine, on July 5, 2019 at 2:19 AM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved Save

My fiance and I love watching Criminal Minds together. I sort of got him hooked We decided to add our own personal touch by adding a different quote from the show on the back of each set of invites, our guest book and favor/thank you bags. Criminal Minds can be a pretty dark show but there's definitely some really great quotes that represent love, strength and/or happiness.

I've added mock up photos of our invites and such already on my profile but I just haven't added the quotes yet because we're still deciding on some. What personal touches have you guys incorporated or are going to incorporate into your wedding? Was it or will it be in the invitations, decor, cake, attire, etc?

16 Comments

• Tatianna
    Savvy December 2022
    Tatianna ·
    I love this idea! I think it's amazing that you're adding those personal touches. My FH and I are incorporating aspects from the movie Labyrinth in our wedding. We're including it in all we can. We even found a small castle as our wedding venue to really bring it to life.
  • Naikesha
    Devoted September 2020
    Naikesha ·

Love that show so much. Great Idea although it is a little dark I love that you guys are sticking to what you like.

• Sara
    Super October 2019
    Sara ·

I really like that idea, especially if just put the quotes and see if anyone recognizes them, or use it as something like a fun fact on the programs. We're going to use some kind of books as part of our centerpieces - either having each table hold a few books from an author we like, or each table holding textbooks from subjects we've studied (we're both math majors, with math/engineering advanced degrees and FH just got his PhD). I'm also super into arts and crafts, so I'm making all our flowers out of crepe paper as well as DIYing some signs and gifts for the wedding party.

• Kelly
    Expert October 2019
    Kelly ·
    I love criminal minds. Our first dance song was almost As it Seems (same song that played @ JJ wedding on Run - btw the song singer played Kelly Slater on To Hell... And Back & is one of the producers daughters). We are still going to play it during the wedding, just bit our first dance.
  • latasha
    VIP September 2019
    latasha ·
    My FH and I really love to travel so that is the theme of our wedding. We have touches of it in our invites and hints of it in our decor.
  • Shannon
    Expert June 2021
    Shannon ·

FH introduced me to the movie LOVE ACTUALLY. We watch it every Christmas and throughout the year when we're feeling sentimental. We'd like to use some quotes from it somewhere/somehow for our wedding. I haven't thought a lot about it yet.

Enough said... Adam and I dated in high school. We broke up, life happened and we ended up back together as adults.Personal Touches! 1In this part of the movie, he learns Portuguese to propose to her. Adam and I really struggled at the beginning of our adult relationship and had to learn a lot of things to make it work.Personal Touches! 2Yep...a 17 year interruption complicated by marriages, divorces and 1700 miles between us.Personal Touches! 3I just love this one!Personal Touches! 4Love isn't always about the easy parts. Personal Touches! 5

We waited until our 30s to get back together...Personal Touches! 6Yep...couldn't do a thing about it if we wanted to.Personal Touches! 7:-) It sure is.Personal Touches! 8My FAVORITE!Personal Touches! 9

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·

I love this!

Sweetheart table: will have a bride and groom rubber ducky. My nickname as a kid as "duck".

Centerpieces: each table will have a card stating we will be making donations in lieu of favors. Each card (10) has a different organization special to us with a message.

Bouquet: will have my late grandmother's rosary. We're getting married on what would be my paternal grandparents' 73rd wedding anniversary.

Rings: both are engraved with our "saying", Forever and Always.

Welcome table: we might have baby and engagement pictures, but we're not sure if we're going to have room or not.

Songs: not only did we picked songs special to us, but to our family. Our first dance is to "Recycled Air" by the Postal Service. It was at one of their concerts my FH told me he loved me for the first time. My father-daughter dance is to "La Vie en Rose" by Edith Piaf- a song popular with my family- my grandmother was an opera singer in her youth and it was her favorite. Throughout the reception playlists are songs favorited by my fiancé and his dad.

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Oh wow. That's going to look amazing. Congrats!!

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

That is such a cool idea! I suck at DIY. Scared I might ruin something lol

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Nice! That's going to be beautiful!!

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's cool. So it'll look like one big adventure!

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's a really beautiful story. I'm excited for you guys and I wish you nothing but love and happiness!!

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Very sentimental. That's so beautiful!

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you- I'm already tearing up thinking about my father-daughter dance.

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Happy tears, I'm sure. I haven't even gotten that far yet. I thought I knew what song I wanted for our first dance and then I saw a couple more options and now I'm like stuck on what to choose because I love them all lol

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yea I totally agree but that's also why we're going to pull from the positive quotes. No need for darkness on a happy occasion.

Comment on this discussion