Latonya
Dedicated November 2019

People shocked that i am having a string quartet

Latonya, on August 30, 2019 at 10:42 PM Posted in Planning 2 25
Saved
The number of people that look at me strange when I say I am having a string quartet play romantic ballads at my ceremony is astonishing. Like am I NOT supposed to want a romantic, elegant wedding???

25 Comments

Latest activity by Libby, on August 31, 2019 at 2:42 PM
  • Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I’m a violinist and I play at tons of weddings solo, in duos, trios, and quartets. We play all genres, sometimes classical, but usually just whatever songs people request. It’s not unusual at all, it’s going to be beautiful!!
  • Jazmine
    Expert September 2019
    Jazmine ·
    • Flag
    I think it’s awesome! You do you! Music is such a phenomenal way to increase the celebration! We have a harp and trumpet
  • Victorian Bride
    Master February 2022
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    Sounds lovely to me!! I have a single violinist which we'll enjoy immensely. We wanted a quartet, but so close to Christmas the rest of his group weren't available.
  • Akirah
    Dedicated October 2019
    Akirah ·
    • Flag
    My FH is a (ex) cellist and has hired a string quartet for our wedding. I’ll be walking down the aisle to “Halo.” 😍😍😍

Girl, I’m glad you’re gonna have a romantic and beautiful ceremony. You deserve it!
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Why is that shocking? I myself did not want that. But I do love the sound of a quartet. So I’m not sure why anyone would be shocked by your choice to have one...? Be proud of your choices regardless of peoples comments!

• Cherise
    Savvy October 2019
    Cherise ·
    • Flag
    Meghan, people can be so annoying!!! I am having a string quartet. That is beautiful and very romantic

Don’t let the stares and bewildered look bother you. Just keep moving on
  • Alicia
    Dedicated October 2018
    Alicia ·
    • Flag
    That’s beautiful! I had a harpist at my wedding who played different songs, including an Alicia Keys song and a Whitney Houston song.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Wow, so classy! Well your guests will be blown away if they’ve never experienced that before.
  • Laura
    Dedicated November 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    I think that's awesome! If I had the budget I would have totally done that!
  • Renee
    Super October 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag

That sounds really nice! I've never been to a wedding where they've had a string quartet before. I don't think they don't expect you not to have a romantic wedding, I think it's more that a lot of people are used to electronics these days

• Jennifer
    Super September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    I wanted string quartet for the whole thing. We have a solo violinist for the ceremony and cocktail hour. The ceremony was never going to be anything but a violinist.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I think it sounds beautiful. It’s your day so do what you want.
  • Michelle
    VIP December 2019
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

I'm having a violinist

• Sara
    Expert February 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    I don't know why they're shocked. I'm a little jealous. We will be playing recorded songs from a string quartet on speakers. Not half as elegant.
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I am having one as well! I guess I haven’t really told anybody this part of the wedding yet, so I’m not sure if I will get the strange looks also LOL I thought this was a pretty common practice! My original plan actually was not to have a string Quartet, but the venue for the ceremony is not wired for sound, so this was actually the easier option.
  • P
    Dedicated September 2021
    Paris ·
    • Flag
    I’m having a string duo and I couldn’t be more happier
  • L. Thomson
    Expert October 2020
    L. Thomson ·
    • Flag
    If it's your vision and in your budget, I say do whatever you want! A string quartet would be very romantic and beautiful
  • Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    Sounds lovely to me! Love the idea. I actually had a sax guy during our cocktail hour. He played a beautiful variety of songs and he actually played some modern upbeat songs with the sax and it was such a hit!
  • Toni
    Expert November 2019
    Toni ·
    • Flag
    I love it! Very elegant and romantic!!
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I see nothing wrong with a string quartet. People are always going to have opinions, but keep doing you Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics