Natalie
Just Said Yes September 2020

Pastor kids problem

Natalie, on July 3, 2020 at 12:25 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 7
Saved
Hi everyone. Im a pastors daughter. My church family is a bit over 80 people. I love everyone so much but I just can't invite everyone anymore because of the pandemic. Most venues are just taking 50 to 80 people and my blood family alone is about 35 people. That means that i would have to choose who and who wouldnt go from my church. Help me with some advice, please!!

Ps. Waiting til next year isnt really an option

7 Comments

Latest activity by Sinaya, on July 4, 2020 at 12:34 AM
  • M
    Savvy May 2020
    Meredith ·
    • Flag
    Can you livestream your ceremony so everyone can watch from home? My videographer is doing this for me.
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    I like Meredith's idea of livestreaming. I would also honestly just keep it to blood relatives and maybe your closest close friends. If you start picking and choosing from the church family, then the people who didn't make the cut are more likely to feel upset, in my opinion, than if it is an all or nothing situation where you say that "due to covid, we are only having close family and friends."
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

I would just have your fiance and yours immediate family and absolutely closest friends otherwise I would have the ceremony filmed and offer live streaming for those that want to watch.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Yeah I would skip inviting the church members in this case. Maybe you can do something with them some other time
  • K
    Beginner October 2020
    K ·
    • Flag
    This is similar to my situation, so what I did was I only I invited SIX of them lol. It sucks but I don’t have any room for all hundred of them.
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    Are you close friends with every church member? If not I would skip inviting them altogether and maybe just do a live stream.
  • Sinaya
    Devoted August 2022
    Sinaya ·
    • Flag

But do you really have a close relationship with all of them? The way I narrowed down my guest list was by focusing on who I actually talk to on a regular basis. So how many of them do you really talk to outside of church? I mean like really have a friendship with. Also....I think most people would understand at this point that events in 2020 have to be scaled down due to COVID.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics