Maira
Just Said Yes October 2021

Party Favors

Maira, on April 10, 2021 at 12:28 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 18
Saved
Share or show me your party favors. I am so undivided what to do.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Michaila, on April 11, 2021 at 9:15 PM
  • Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

Skip 'em.

Half the time they get left, even if they are edible.

Mostly a waste of money.

• Aubrianna
    Dedicated January 2022
    Aubrianna ·
    • Flag
    Dear Maria,

We are purchasing empty seed packets from Etsy that say “let live grow,” and providing a surprise herb inside. We miiiight include a little starter pot as well, but that depends on what I can find for a bargain. We’re doing this because my FH is a chef and we love the idea of giving someone something a bit more interactive!
    We’re also giving out magnets with our names, the date and I think it says like “thank you” or something (haha I’m sorry I haven’t looked at them since I’ve ordered them xD) at the bottom. And then there is one of our engagement pictures that takes up the whole magnet. I got these for around $100 from Minted by using a Save-the-Date template (the save the dates are on sale alll the time, and I bought them with my actual Save-the-Dates).
    I still want to give something more away. I love the idea of having a photo booth or something so they can take pictures home with them (I plan on printing and sending any photos the photographer sent them when I send out Thank-You cards), but we’re pretty far out.
    Maybe our third gift will be a bag for the two items. We’ll see!
    Thank you for your post! I’m super excited to see what everyone else is doing as well!
    Aubrianna Abbema
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated April 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    We are giving away coquito, it's a bit pricey but totally worth it in my opinion. I bought the labels, bow ties and bottles and put them together myself and a friend is making the coquito for us and filling them up. Party Favors 1

• Ty
    Devoted July 2021
    Ty ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Love this!! I love coquito!
  • Ty
    Devoted July 2021
    Ty ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Super creative and interactive. I think the guests will love it. Maybe you can also create a group where everyone can share their progress. Smiley smile
  • Ty
    Devoted July 2021
    Ty ·
    • Flag
    We decided on candles. I did a DIY and on each label we did “light with us on our one year anniversary”
    Party Favors 2

• V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    Party Favors 3
    Those were ours. We got the M&M's from Amazon, my mother-in-law made the cakepops, and my husband bought the glasses from some place online. I will say my mother-in-law volunteered to help with the favors otherwise we wouldn't have expected her help..
  • AJ
    Super October 2022
    AJ ·
    • Flag

I'm doing little jars of honey

• Danielle
    Dedicated October 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    A family friend is doing a candy table for us which will double as favors. We're getting cute containers to put the candy in with our names and wedding date.
  • Lisa
    Super October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    We are doing giant New York style black and white cookies! (Our favorite). We’ll also have match books with our names & date.
  • Jasmine E.
    Rockstar May 2022
    Jasmine E. ·
    • Flag
    Most of our guests are Jewish, so we're giving personalized yarmulkes with our wedding date printed on them. My fiancé's family makes them for all major events. But I do agree that most types of favors will be left behind unless it's edible.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Agree with this. I have never seen any edible favors taken but every group is different.

• Kelly
    Dedicated August 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Doing something like this, but adding some Hershey hugs as well for socially distant hugs and kisses. Party Favors 4

• Steph
    Savvy May 2022
    Steph ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Soooo cute!!! Congratulations on your upcoming day and honestly WHO DOESN’T LOVE COQUITO?! 😋
  • Steph
    Savvy May 2022
    Steph ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Soooo cute!!! Congratulations on your upcoming day and honestly WHO DOESN’T LOVE COQUITO?! 😋
  • Steph
    Savvy May 2022
    Steph ·
    • Flag
    All great ideas.... am I terrible for doing the MOST a year prior? I had custom made shot glasses made and also purchased yankee candle tea lights to go in them. I may purchase shooters instead to go in each glass. Thankfully, there’s always a need for both in my house so nothing will go to waste. LOL
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated August 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    We are doing a photo booth(so the pictures are a favor), and then having a dessert table with to-go boxes. Also, it seems I’m in the minority, but I love wedding favors! Matches, candies, candles, hand sanitizers- I always take my favor with me 😀😆
  • Michaila
    Dedicated January 2022
    Michaila ·
    • Flag

I love a good pun, and when I realized my new last name was going to be Welch...well...we're putting Welch's fruit snacks in organza bags. Probably wouldn't have done much of anything otherwise, but I couldn't resist. (I giggled so long the first time I had a fruit snack after I was engaged so...)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics