Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mariah
Savvy October 2021

Outdoor wedding plan b - rain

Mariah, on April 22, 2021 at 10:56 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 7

We are having an outdoor backyard wedding in October with 75 guests. Any tips on planning for a potential torrential downpour ? We have a tent but we are planning outdoor ceremony. Should we spend extra money and get a second smaller tent for the ceremony just in case?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Grace, on April 23, 2021 at 9:27 AM
  • Michelle
    Rockstar December 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

A second tent isn’t necessary. In the event of a downpour, guests can stay seated at their tables

• Grace
    Super February 2022
    Grace ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Are you able to set up the tables so your current tent could have a dual function as both ceremony and reception space? Tables could be arranged so the bride and groom can get married with guests surrounding them. I was considering this for a dual-purpose indoor event layout with tables on the edges of a room and the dance floor/altar in the center. Another option is to just put the chairs in rows or arcs on the dance floor facing your "altar" and leaving an aisle in the center or side for the bride to enter by. Depends on how traditional/non-traditional you are and what amount of room you have to work with under your tent.

My major concerns with rain would be: 1. Getting TO the tent in my white dress without having a wet t-shirt moment. 2. If I had a separate tent for ceremony and reception, guests and bridal party would have to brave the downpour to go between them. 3. keep potential runoff in mind when planning. The tent will keep you dry from above but the water will still flow downhill and create puddles and soggy ground.
  • D
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    One of my main suggestions would be to possibly think about getting a fully floored area inside the tent if it’s not already. I personally hate wearing heels and walking on grass in the rain. My feet get all wet and uncomfortable.
  • Mariah
    Savvy October 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Great ideas! I think I will just use the tent space as a dual purpose. I would hate for everyone to get wet going from one tent to the other ! Lol @ wet t shirt moment! Thanks for the rain run off tip good thinking !

• Mariah
    Savvy October 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

I totally get that! I did word my invitation so it says “both ceremony and reception are held on natural ground please dress for weather and comfort” I’m hoping no one wears heels!

• Mariah
    Savvy October 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

You are right ! Thank you for your advice Smiley heart

• Grace
    Super February 2022
    Grace ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    That is very smart wording to include on an invitation for an outdoor event! Seems like you have things figured out now. Glad my comments before gave you a laugh.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics