Jasmita
Beginner July 2021

Our song for the first dance?

Jasmita, on February 21, 2021 at 1:04 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 44
Saved
Having a really hard time trying to find our song for the first dance. Wondering what everyone else was doing for theirs. Have most of the other songs selected. Any suggestion would be much appreciated!

44 Comments

Latest activity by Katie, on February 24, 2021 at 8:37 AM
  • S
    Beginner March 2022
    Shakira ·
    • Flag
    Well what genre are you interested in?
  • Jasmita
    Beginner July 2021
    Jasmita ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm really pretty open....we were thinking of cherry wine by Holier, but the lyrics are about Domestic Abuse so that us really not a good fit. We are also considering Tennessee whiskey by Chris Stapleton...but that's a little cliche'. Banana pancakes by Jack Johnson is his thoughts...but still trying to find the one...lol

• S
    Beginner March 2022
    Shakira ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hmmm ok. I always try to listen to a few and then picture myself as the song is playing. I changed my mind like 3 times till I found the one. I wanted and instrumental for bridal party and then a song with words for when I come in!
  • Alyssa
    Devoted October 2023
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    You can always find an instrumental version of a song you like. Vitamin strong quartet has a lot of good covers
  • Jasmita
    Beginner July 2021
    Jasmita ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! I did thr same for my walk song, but looking for our first dance song...it hard because we don't have a song that is "ours" ...so hence the dilemma
  • Jasmita
    Beginner July 2021
    Jasmita ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! Ant suggestions...looking for a first dance song. Using Yurimura for my walk song and love him.
  • S
    Beginner March 2022
    Shakira ·
    • Flag
    Ohhh first dance! Lol got it. Theres so much. 98 degress- I chose you
    New edition- can you stand the rain
    Monica-for you I willDan and shay- speechlessCalum scott and leona Lewis- you are the reason All for one- love you like that Kc and jojo- all my life
  • Alyssa
    Devoted October 2023
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    We probably have very different musical taste lol. But my walk song is probably going to be the Vitamin String Quartet version of Paramores "only exception" it's very pretty sounding so would make a good first dance.

Try going on YouTube to find the Cherry wine song. https://youtu.be/pqz52gmxcxw here's one. But the "karaoke" versions are nice as well.
  • A
    Devoted May 2021
    Ally ·
    • Flag
    We are doing Forever After All by Luke Combs
  • Shirley
    Expert November 2020
    Shirley ·
    • Flag
    Way off from what it seems your taste is like, but You Make Me Feel So Young, Can't Help Falling In Love, and Can You Feel the Love Tonight are timeless
  • Lynn
    Dedicated April 2021
    Lynn ·
    • Flag
    My FH and I song is thank you by Led Zeppelin but we are using the same song but it is going to be sung by Chris Cornell I love the way he sings it
  • AJ
    Super October 2022
    AJ ·
    • Flag
    My FH and I are set on Your Song by Elton John.
  • Leigh
    Savvy June 2021
    Leigh ·
    • Flag
    We’re doing You are the Best Thing by Ray LaMontange. Good luck picking! It was hard narrowing down a large list of songs we liked.
  • Leigh
    Savvy June 2021
    Leigh ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I LOVE the way he sings this song and always though it would make a beautiful first dance song!
  • Lynn
    Dedicated April 2021
    Lynn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I fell in love with the song as soon as I heard Chris start singing
  • Jasmita
    Beginner July 2021
    Jasmita ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Just Heard it...wow...its an excellent choice!

• Jasmita
    Beginner July 2021
    Jasmita ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Love this one !
  • Jasmita
    Beginner July 2021
    Jasmita ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It is a good version. Ty!
  • Jasmita
    Beginner July 2021
    Jasmita ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Shirley! You are not way off...can't help falling in love is on the list but FH vetoed it. I'll check the others out.

• Lynn
    Dedicated April 2021
    Lynn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes listen to thank you by Led Zeppelin and then thank you song by Chris Cornell love how he sings it . I like both versions but I like Chris Cornell betterOur song for the first dance? 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics