Skip to main content
Jaime
Beginner March 2020

Ordering bridesmaid dresses?

Jaime, on June 9, 2019 at 8:11 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 5
Saved
I’m ordering/having my girls order custom sized bridesmaid dresses. It takes 2 months for shipping/creation. If my wedding is in 9 months (March 7, 2020), when should I have the girls place their order??
The dresses will be ordered from ViniBelle.
I’m torn because the dresses will be custom sized and i know body shapes can change so quickly, but it does take 2 months to ship.
My wedding planning binder says to order the bridesmaid dresses 6-8 months prior (which is July to September)
Any advice to narrow down the timeline would be appreciated!!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Sinéad, on June 10, 2019 at 11:22 AM
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I think if the orders are placed by the end of November, everyone should get the dresses on time! This leaves you some wiggle room in case shipping takes longer than expected. Since they're custom size, they won't need additional time for alterations!

• Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    I'd probably order them 6 months out.
    My officiant ordered her wedding dress from a custom size website and it came in totally wrong. So I don't trust them. I think you'd be better off to have them earlier so you know things are correct instead of rushing last minute.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Jaime! Congratulations on your engagement!!

As Mandi mentioned, I would order them a little in advance so that if there is any issue with shipping or sizing, you have the time to fix it without stressing yourself out because the wedding is so close. If you order your dresses in October, you have plenty of time to receive the order and as you mentioned changing body shapes/sizes, you will be able to bring them to a seamstress if any of your girls need to have them slightly altered as the wedding draws closer.

Do you know what color or style dresses you want your girls to wear?

• Jaime
    Beginner March 2020
    Jaime ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks Sinead! I have the dresses and colors already picked out, it's now just ordering them. I like to do everything early so make sure it's done, but with these being custom sized I didn't wanna risk it!

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

What color will your girls be wearing?Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics