Kerri
Savvy April 2022

Ordered my dress

Kerri, on December 17, 2019 at 3:35 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 5
Saved

I am so excited, I ordered my dress and it should be ready in January. We are doing a renaissance wedding. I am not sure how people are going to respond and if they are going to participate. I believe that it will be fun either way. I am still trying to figure out what to add to the invitations so people know of our theme and will know we would love for them to participate in our big day. Any sugestions?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Sinéad, on December 18, 2019 at 8:20 AM
  • Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I would choose invitations with a design that you feel portrays the theme of your wedding. You could also have a details card/wedding website that lists the dress code as

"Formal/semi-formal/casual (whatever you choose). Renaissance attire encouraged!"

Just be prepared for folks not to participate, which is okay! I don't think many people have renaissance themed clothing lying around and just me personally, I wouldn't go out of my way to wear something along those lines as a wedding guest. Best of luck Smiley smile

• VIP November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    I agree with pp!! (Previous post) I’m not too familiar with themed weddings
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Welcome to the community Kerri! Congratulations on ordering yoru dress, that is so exciting! What is it like?

What do you mean when you say that you hope your guests 'participate' in your wedding? Are you asking them to arrive in costume? Or do you merely mean you hope they participate in activities that you have planned for the day of your wedding?

I would definitely mention your theme in your invitations, you may even have your invitations created in a Renaissance style.

• Kerri
    Savvy April 2022
    Kerri ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We are encouraging people to come in costume. It is really not that much to get a costume and a good portion of people will go out and buy a nee outfit for a wedding. My dress was incredibly inexpensive, and since we are paying for the weddinh ourselves this is a great relief.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm so happy that you love your dress!

In your invitation, you can mention that 'Renaissance attire is encouraged' and then give another option for guests in case they are not comfortable dressing in costume or are unable to buy a new outfit 😃

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics