Lafuturaseñora
Devoted April 2019

Opinions on how to cover walls/draping or swags/lights

Lafuturaseñora, on January 11, 2019 at 2:25 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 5
Saved Save
Hi everyone ! We are looking to rent this event center for our wedding, it’s nice but I do not want the walls exposed like this as it feels super bare and they’re cinderblock so I think of prisons . We can hang things off the ceiling and walls any way we need to, and we can’t pay a vendor for it or do up lighting. I was thinking to use fabric like tobacco cloth (tulle clone basically ?) to drape against the whole back wall, or just drape it with swags and some warm lights.
Attached are two pics of the salón, we are having a rustic and colorful Mexican style wedding with centerpieces similar to the picture attached.
What would you do to decorate the walls?

Opinions on how to cover walls/draping or swags/lights 1

Opinions on how to cover walls/draping or swags/lights 2

Opinions on how to cover walls/draping or swags/lights 3

5 Comments

• Lafuturaseñora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturaseñora ·
    • Flag
    Here’s another picture of it

Opinions on how to cover walls/draping or swags/lights 4
  • Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·
    • Flag

Is not paying for a vendor a budge issue? Draping the walls in fabric will look beautiful but will be expensive. I would focus on using lighting to change the ambiance, twinkly lights, uplight, lanterns, etc. (all pretty reasonable on amazing).

Some pics:

lights on wallsOpinions on how to cover walls/draping or swags/lights 5ceiling lightsOpinions on how to cover walls/draping or swags/lights 6draping with lightsOpinions on how to cover walls/draping or swags/lights 7

• Lafuturaseñora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturaseñora ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah it is kind of a budget issue. Thank you for the Input i think the lighting will make it feel more romantic and fairytale-like i actually think I like that idea more than the drapes!! Lovin’ it 😁
  • Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag

I love how open your space is!! There is so much that can be done in terms of set up and decor! After looking at a few photos, you could definitely use lights or a combination of drapery and lights. I like the idea you mentioned of the tulle like fabric, that would be so gorgeous!! Depending on the cost you could add drapery to the main wall and incorporate lights on the walls and hanging from the ceiling for the rest of the space. Here are some photos for inspiration that I found:

Opinions on how to cover walls/draping or swags/lights 8

Opinions on how to cover walls/draping or swags/lights 9

Opinions on how to cover walls/draping or swags/lights 10

Photos via Pinterest

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I honestly would focus on draping fabric or lights from the ceiling to distract from how open it is. With all of that soft romantic lighting, the white walls may actually end up helping you. A friend of mine had a similar issue at her wedding and looked into getting shepherd hooks and hanging plants and spaced them around the walls. Granted her wedding had more of a garden theme, but something like that may work for you as well.

Comment on this discussion