Lakisha & Jose
Beginner July 2019

Officiant

Lakisha & Jose, on July 20, 2019 at 11:13 AM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 25
Saved Save
Hello everyone

My big day is Thursday......What amount are you ladies giving your officiant, or what is the standard amount to pay an officiant

25 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·
    It depends on your area. Officiants in the Cincinnati area range from $250-$400.
  • Melle
    Master June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    Ours was free but our parents for some reason felt it was rude to not give him anything so they gave him $300 combined
  • K
    Savvy September 2019
    Karen ·
    Mine has not specified a specific rate but I had my mom ask her friend whose husband is a minister to get an idea what’s reasonable. She said $100 for a minister that’s at your own church and local (ie if you go to that church regularly) or $300 otherwise, more if they have to travel far. We plan to give ours $300
  • Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride ·
    We had a paid professional. He charged 350. We gave him a 25 dollar tip and donated 50 dollars to a local animal shelter per his request. I'm in PA.
  • CourtneyBrittain
    VIP August 2019
    CourtneyBrittain ·
    We are giving him $150. He’s a family friend who we’ve known for YEARS
  • Sherry
    VIP September 2019
    Sherry ·
    Ours charges $125 and we will be giving her a gift and have invited her and her wife to stay for the reception.
  • B
    Dedicated November 2019
    Bethany ·
    Ours is charging $350, we’re in North Central Florida.
  • Sara
    Devoted April 2020
    Sara ·
    The officiant we found is $300 and we’re in Delaware.
  • Mandi
    VIP March 2020
    Mandi ·
    Our officiants regular rate is $250.
  • Brooke
    Expert November 2019
    Brooke ·
    Our officiant is my minister, so we will be giving $200
  • Kelly
    Expert October 2019
    Kelly Online ·
    Our officiant is $500
  • S
    Expert October 2019
    Sara ·
    Ours is $250, which includes showing up for the rehearsal. We paid her half to hold the date and the rest is due the day of the rehearsal
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    All the officiants I looked at charged $450-600, and I am paying $600
  • CDickman
    VIP September 2019
    CDickman ·
    Ours is 250 in Cincinnati. Do you have one yet?
  • Yam
    Super September 2019
    Yam ·
    They run $300-$400 in my area on average, a friend who is ordained is doing ours.
  • Lakisha & Jose
    Beginner July 2019
    Lakisha & Jose ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yes i do.....shes a friend of mines who I went to school with

• Shelly
    Dedicated May 2020
    Shelly ·
    I am paying 350 for mine. 300 for the ceremony and 50 for the rehearsal. I'm not sure about tipping etiquette so I will prob reach out to my coordinator for advice.
  • Paula
    Expert September 2019
    Paula Online ·

We had our last meeting with our reverend yesterday and he told us his charge would be $200 which was lower than what we had expected.

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·

I've seen an average of about $500. I have a really good friend who agreed to officiate for us. We served in the military overseas together so I would definitely want to pay him at least that.

• N
    Expert August 2019
    N ·
    Ours just wants to be fed and beered so he and his wife are invited to the ceremony and will party with us at the reception.

Comment on this discussion