We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

A
Dedicated October 2020

Officiant

Adriana, on September 10, 2020 at 10:31 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 5
Saved Save
Reply
My cousin’s husband/FH’s long time friend, who also introduced us, is officiating our wedding. He has asked if he can make up his own speech and script for the ceremony, which I am fine with. I was just wondering if anyone has any similar experiences, is there any info or tips I should tell him? I have told him we are writing our own vows and I am going to give him a script for the “I do’s”, but I have left the rest up to him.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on September 15, 2020 at 8:22 PM
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    You can read over his script and edit it to your liking too though! My pastor has a general script he does for weddings and he let us edit it.
    • Reply
  • Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah Online ·
    • Flag
    My husband's uncle got ordained online and performed our wedding. We didn't give him any guidance, but we asked him in part because he is a really good orator. We met with him once briefly over dinner to chat and he gave us a general sense of what he was thinking and asked if there were any changes we wanted to make, and we thought it sounded great. So maybe you can just sit down with him closer to the date and see what he has come up with?
    • Reply
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    We're doing this as well. I gave our friend a time guideline (a few minutes) and an order - his speech, my vows, partner vows, etc.
    We also each did our vows for him separately - so he could see if they were similar in length and tone. I think that gave him some theme ideas for the speech part.
    He wrote it up in Google docs for me to track changes for edits. Hope that helps!
    • Reply
  • L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    I am writing the script for my ceremony, and used pieces from a bunch of different scripts I found online. I saved it in Google Docs and told our officiant (who is a friend of my fiance) that he is welcome to add/remove/change whatever he wants. We also plan to meet with him closer to our wedding (we had to postpone from 2020 to 2022) to all go over the script together.
    • Reply
  • Samantha
    Dedicated July 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

    We are having my future brother-in-law officiate our wedding. He said that "he's got it" with writing the script, and I 75% trust that that is true. To make up for the other 25% of doubt, I also wrote a script for him - just in case ; )

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles