Brae
VIP September 2019

Office fans?

Brae, on June 28, 2018 at 3:36 PM Posted in Planning 0 34
Saved Save
So my fh and I are super into the office, it's our go to show and I want it to be somewhat included in our reception. We don't want it super obvious, just a subtle nod to it. I was thinking our signature drink names, but I can't think of anyyyy. His drink will be whiskey based, and mine will most likely be gin. Any ideas?

34 Comments

• muriel
    Champion June 2018
    muriel ·

The Draper comes to mind immediately. His favorite drink was an old-fashioned.

my bad. thinking too fast for a Thursday. Make that a thirstday.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/danyag2/9-the-office-inspired-cocktails-to-try-at-your-n-pcwv?utm_term=.udqNy9X55#.yaZyXe499

• Annie
    VIP October 2018
    Annie ·

I don't have any idea's but that seems so cool! Are there particular characters you both are fans of? I would check pinterest for sure.

• M
    Dedicated July 2019
    Mindy ·
    Maybe yours could be called ‘that’s what she’s said?’ haha my fh and I also love the office and have matching Dunder and mifflin shirts! Haha
  • Jules
    Dedicated January 2019
    Jules ·

The Schrute for his drink?!

• DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's not The Office. That's Mad Men.

• thyia
    Super August 2018
    thyia ·
    Uh, one of everything?!!
    equal parts Scotch, Absinthe, Rum, Gin, Vermouth, Triple sec, and two packs of Splenda.
    Oh my gaaawd!! -meredith

Orange-vod-juice-ka
    A bowl of olives and maraschino cherries
    Scotch with splenda; goes down like splenda gets drunk like scotch

• thyia
    Super August 2018
    thyia ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Dont even get me started!
    Omg, I am making a "it is our wedding." Plain paper banner with deflated balloons as a surprise for my fiance
  • DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·

Have you thought about Michael Scott's "One of everything" or Scotch + Splenda drinks? You could add the drink description underneath so people know whats in them but those are actual drink names from the show.

This is awesome BTW! I am a huge fan of The Office.

• Amarriedmann
    Expert June 2019
    Amarriedmann ·
    His: Great Scott that’s good whiskey
    Yours: That’s what she said
  • L
    Savvy September 2019
    Lexi ·
    Looooove The Office! We are probably walking into our reception with The Office theme song 😂

I think That's What She Said makes a good drink name! Is there any particular episode you love the most? You can name it after the episode title.
  • Amanda and Vee
    Savvy November 2018
    Amanda and Vee ·
    I love this as a theme and that banner idea is fantastic! Also love The Shrute drink. Maybe find a way to incorporate “Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica”?

Your cake topper could be your bobble heads (they sell them on Etsy) like Dwight’s! And your dessert table could have Kevin’s m&m jar and Pam’s office candy dispenser!

For the dinner menu, you could integrate foods that have come up throughout the show, like the hot dogs from beach day, Kevin’s chili, or the Alfredo pasta Michael ate before the Rabies Run!
  • Danielle K
    VIP June 2019
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    Thank you so much everyone! I was thinking of the one of everything and the scotch with splenda, but can I name them that if that's not what it is? Cause they sound disgusting in real life lol. I will check out the website lists. Also my absolute favorite episode is dinner party, I think episode names could be really cute!
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    View Quoted Comment
    This is hilarious!
  • Kaitlyn
    Savvy September 2020
    Kaitlyn ·
    Is there a way you could customize the menu for drinks if you're having an open bar and if it would be doable?? Also, we love that show also!!! Its part of our rotation for binging shows
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Creed is my favorite. Lol I was thinking possibly an alcoholic Arnold palmer and naming it merideth palmer.
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah. Were hosting beer, wine, and 2 signature drinks. So we can name the 2 drinks. Is that what you're asking? Sorry haha
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That's what she said is coming up a lot lol, definitely a contender
  • Official Mrs.K
    Devoted May 2019
    Official Mrs.K ·
    View Quoted Comment
    You could have a sign for the beer that says “Beers, Beets, Battlestar Gallatica” LOL. I’m at loving this thread! My fiancé and I just recorded and watched all of the seasons. I was dreaming about the office for a while there.
  • A
    Dedicated May 2019
    Alyssa ·
    My fiancé hasn’t been too exited about the wedding planning process ... he just calls me and goes “so I think we should walk in like the office to Chris brown forever” . Was so excited and then ends the call with “see I did something”

Comment on this discussion