Hello all my fellow October brides! As of right now, we are still going forward with our October 10th wedding and staying optimistic about the wedding itself. However, we are very conflicted on doing an October honeymoon as well. Regardless, we are staying with the U.S. due to passports only being issued for life/death situations. Out of curiosity, what are you all doing honeymoon wise for your October weddings? We’ve debated going forward with that as well, completely postponing everything until a further date, or going somewhere local for a few days immediately after the wedding and taking our dream honeymoon sometime next year!
We are doing a mini-moon at a BnB near our venue that weekend of our 10/23 wedding and going to delay our full blown honeymoon for a year or so. Gives us more time to save up for that and it can double as both a anniversary/honeymoon celebration. We wanted to go to Olympic National Park.
Hi Wedding twin! we are full steam ahead with our wedding as well (it too will be in FL - the Keys). Our wedding resort is also where we will be staying post wedding date - we're having our familymoon (my future SS 10) will be with us. We're not changing our plans until we have to.
View Quoted Comment
Hi!! This is the idea we’re really hoping for! There is so much talk about everything COVID. Possibly more shut downs but then still proceeding with opening in phases depending on where you’re at. I’m happy someone else is thinking the same as well.
Unless places shut down on their own free will, I just can't see the government getting involved again and shutting the world down. It would be an even bigger economic disaster than it already is. Anyone that shuts down now or then is because they are going out of business. So until then, just keep hoping for the best.
View Quoted Comment
I love the positive outlook! That’s the plan, we’re just moving forward as originally planned just having to get a little more creative with the honeymoon planning! Thanks so much for the positive thoughts, there’s so much negative stuff out there right now that anything positive is so nice!
We are going to do a smaller ceremony on our October date and continue to our planned honeymoon in Colorado. We where planning to fly, but are now looking at taking 2 full weeks to travel to different places enroute to Colorado and just taking that time to be together, off grid, no COVID. Really looking forward to this change in plans