Hi ladies! My fiancé and I would love to know what other couples are doing. We were originally scheduled to get married in Texas on May 15th, then postponed it to October 2nd because of the pandemic. Now I’m feeling like we need to postpone again, but I have no idea if I’m overthinking it or if other couples are doing the same. Anyone had to postpone more than once? Anyone still getting married in the fall? We do have a large wedding, about 250 people.
We postponed from June to September. Getting married on our June date in 12 days. We will have the September reception come H*ll or high water. Unless we just have another serious wave that shuts us down again then we will cancel and move on with our lives. Other than that, we are on for September.
Congratulations!! I understand that. Did you all have to make any adjustments to the reception considering what's going on? I'm worried that we will have to cut our guest list or find a way to provide masks and etc.. There's so much uncertainty!
Our venue is large and holds 350. So even at 50% capacity we will be fine. We are expecting 150 from our 200 guest list. Some guests have already told us they can't make our new date and some still aren't comfortable traveling. Our venue will do temp checks, invite guest to wash hands before entering the space and during cocktail hour, and provide hand sanitizer at tables. Our grandparents opted out on their own and elderly guests were cut. It seems cruel, but putting them at risk is not my intention and I am not willing to postpone again. Waiting next year won't be better as they will just be older and the virus is not going anywhere anytime soon. They were understanding. They will watch via Zoom and take part from a far. We changed from round to rectangular tables and will be using disposables unless that rule has changed in CDC guidelines.
We’ve planned our wedding on October 24th 2020 and as of now are still planning to have it that day. We’re in Kentucky and things just started to open up and my anxiety has been through the roof worried we might have to reschedule. Id suggest talking to your venue if you haven’t already, I did and it made me feel a lot better, and they’re even opening back up for weddings in July. I’m still concerned things might go back to the way they were before October but I’m holding out hope that by then thing’s will be more back to normal.
I think it depends on your state and the amount of out of town guests. Sounds like Texas is opening up so you should be good. Will all your must have guests be able to attend? For me in September in Florida, some of my bridesmaids and out of town guests will likely not come due to the virus. I am weighing that with whether to postpone again and it's super hard
As hard as it is to do, don’t fuss about it yet. We’re 10/17, and I’m not planning on making a official call on postponing until August. And as much as I hate to admit it, this could all pop up again right before our weddings, squashing any rescheduling attempts. I vote, roll with the punches
I am getting married October 24, 2020 in Texas. I have absolutely no plans to reschedule my wedding. The only way the wedding will not occur is if the venue is closed (due to the Caronavirus, etc.) My guests will have the option to attend in person, or via Zoom, either is fine with me. No one expected the Caronavirus, so their is no telling what lies ahead. I am planning my wedding and enjoying it. I would rather roll with it, than have October 24th come and go, and regret not having it, if all is well.
We postponed from May to October, and are getting married in PA. We have to wait until late July/early August to know how many guests we can have at our wedding, as of right now we have 130 guests. But we are getting married no matter what come October! I’m sure you’ll be able to as well
Ours Is 10/17 And We’re Still Moving Forward Unless Our Venue Makes Us Postpone. We Only Have 60 Guests Though. I Think It Really Depends On That && What State Youre In. I Think Its Too Early To Postpone Again, Id Say Wait Until Around July And See How Things Are Looking.
We are getting married November 21st in coastal Virginia. Our wedding is a lot smaller than yours (60 people max) but we aren’t even looking at postponing until late August/early September. I feel it’s way too early to make that call since we have clue what things are going to look like after the summer.
We are planning an October 3, 2020 wedding in Northern California. Right now, we are moving forward with planning. We are going to make the final call in July on whether or not to postpone. It's just too early to say right now!