We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Lemisha
Beginner October 2020

October Brides

Lemisha, on April 5, 2020 at 10:47 AM Posted in Community Conversations 1 28
Saved Save
Hello Brides! For the ones who are having their ceremony in October, with this Pandemic that’s going on are you still sending out “Save the Dates?” If so, when do you plan to mail them out?

28 Comments

Latest activity by Lemisha, on April 10, 2020 at 9:51 PM
  • T
    Devoted May 2021
    Trinity ·
    • Flag
    Yes. We mailed them out last week.
  • Tabitha
    Devoted October 2020
    Tabitha ·
    • Flag
    I’m debating on this now. Don’t really want to send them out until I know things are getting better.
  • Lemisha
    Beginner October 2020
    Lemisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I was too, but then realized our wedding invites are already made and have a rsvp date by August 31. I may just send out half now.

• Lisa
    Expert October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    We sent ours out the first week of March. We are hopefully we’ll be able to have our wedding on 10.10.2020 as planned. We’ll take it a day at time and see what happens. We both agreed to postpone for a year if necessary.
  • Ashley
    Dedicated August 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    We’re skipping STDs and just sending out invites sometime in May/early June
  • Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    We sent our STD’s out in early February, but we have a lot of international guests. We’ll send out invitations in August.
  • Lemisha
    Beginner October 2020
    Lemisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh cool!! Sounds exciting. We’re planning to send out our invitations in July or August. Haven’t quite decided. I’m just so nervous
  • Amber
    Beginner October 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    We’re skipping out on STD’s. Everyone pretty much knows we’re getting married by word of mouth..I’ve already got my invitations designed and printed out, just need to get envelopes for them. I’ll be sending those out the first part of August!
  • Lemisha
    Beginner October 2020
    Lemisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    How are you providing information about the accommodation and registries?
  • Amber
    Beginner October 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We’re not setting up any registries or inviting any out of town guests, so accommodations as far as hotels and such aren’t really needed. We are having a small ceremony, 65 people or so, all very close family and friends from our hometown or the outskirts. We’ve both been married before, so we’re not partaking in a lot of the traditions that a first wedding generally calls for. We will have a cowboy boot floating around during the reception as a “honeymoon fund jar” for those that would like to donate a little something!
  • Lemisha
    Beginner October 2020
    Lemisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh okay that makes sense! Thank You
  • Molly
    Super October 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag
    I'm a November 7th bride I am sending mine out tomorrow.
  • Amber
    Beginner October 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh, you’re welcome! I think about 6 months out is ideal for STD’s!! I know with this pandemic, it’s making decision making more difficult, but I’d try to get them sent out within the next few weeks if at all possible. Hopefully, things have cleared up by then and it won’t be a waste of resources and money!
  • Ti'Anna
    Expert May 2021
    Ti'Anna ·
    • Flag
    We sent ours late February
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    I sent them out last July.
    And then just told everyone our new date when we called to tell them we're eloping and postponing our ceremony and reception.
    I am holding off on ordering invitations yet tho.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    We sent our STD’s with a “Happy New Year” message back in January, mainly due to 100% of our guests needing to travel (including FH & I). We also wanted to get the website info out early enough to keep guests posted with updates (which will come in handy as a communication tool if this virus continues for many more months). 😬

We’re only having 65 guests and they all new the date and Vegas location already. So our STD was a formality, and primarily to set the tone and give a hint for the style of our wedding and venue. I’ve ordered sample invites which will be the second hint.
    We’re hopeful that plans will go forward in October and can avoid executing our Plan B or Plan C. 🙏🏽 🤞🏽
  • Rachel
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

We sent ours out way back in December...

• Lisa
    Expert April 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    We sent ours last year September because we’re having a destination wedding. Our website has been live since then as well. We’re sending invite out in June with a RSVP deadline of August for my vendors.
  • Katie
    Beginner October 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is in October. We sent save the dates in January. Was planning on sending invites out in July, but we’ll see what happens. I was supposed to meet with an invitation designer March 25 and obviously it was cancelled. So it just depends when I can meet with one and get invites ordered. And how October is looking by then!
  • Kiana
    Savvy April 2021
    Kiana ·
    • Flag
    I’m getting married 10.24.20, I ordered save the dates and was going to send them out mid-March but then the pandemic hit and I felt conflicted about mailing them with all the unknowns. So I still haven’t sent them out. Feeling unsure about it all right now!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics