We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Destiny
Savvy October 2020

october brides

Destiny, on July 29, 2020 at 8:26 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 32
Saved Save
I鈥檓 freaking out! 馃槱 what are your plans for October weddings!? Our original date is October 3, 2020. I鈥檓 trying to decide if we should keep the date or postpone wedding. What are you guys doing?

32 Comments

Latest activity by Chrysta, on August 8, 2020 at 2:34 PM
  • Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret
    • Flag

Our wedding is 10/10 planned DW in the FL Keys, we're full steam ahead. Spoke to the Venue yesterday and they have no qualms. I'm honestly not worried.

• Raleigh
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Raleigh
    • Flag
    I鈥檓 October 24th in NC. Our venue doesn鈥檛 allow us to make a final decision until a month before so we are still going for it. Hoping things get better!
  • Mandee
    Devoted September 2020
    Mandee
    • Flag

September 26th in Mims Fl! We're still going through with it as of now!

• Futuremrsn
    Devoted October 2020
    Futuremrsn
    • Flag
    We are getting married 10/4/20 in PA. I鈥檝e been keeping in touch with my venue and they have assured us that our wedding can go on with some precautions and regulations in place. Luckily for us, the state of PA has not surged in corona cases, so we have 66 days to go! How is your state doing in terms of cases? Have you spoken with your venue and other vendors? I truly hope your date works out for you!
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha
    • Flag

Ours Is Oct. 17th In VA. We Are Still Moving Forward As Planned. As Of Right Now The Only Changes Are That Masks Will Be Required And We May Have To Cut The Guestlist Down To 50 But We Only Have 60 Guests Anyway So Not A Big Deal. We're Trying To Stay Positive And Just Going With The Flow Of Things. Smiley laugh

• Emma
    Super October 2020
    Emma
    • Flag
    Date twins!
    We are hoping to continue and move forward as planned. We鈥檙e in NC and our governor has extended phase 2 till august 7th. I just emailed my venue to see if he keeps extending phase 2 what we would need to do. I spoke to them last month and they told us we just had to be under half capacity but I wasn鈥檛 sure if that was for expecting us to be in phase 3 by then or not, which is why I emailed them again.
  • Lisa
    Devoted October 2021
    Lisa
    • Flag
    We already freaked out... lol postponed our wedding til October 2021. Glad we did when we did, because not many dates were available!
  • Viki
    Savvy October 2020
    Viki
    • Flag

We're in VA and we're going forward. Our venue would not let us postpone without us losing a lot of money.

• T
    Devoted May 2021
    Trinity
    • Flag

We were supposed to get married on 10/10 in FL, but we postponed to May 2021.

• Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2021
    Chrysta Online
    • Flag
    We have decided to postpone. We knew things would not be good enough by then to have the wedding we really want (ie, no face masks, social distancing or cutting guest lists, guests able to hug and dance and not be fearful for their health).
  • Marisa
    Rockstar May 2021
    Marisa
    • Flag

We've decided to postpone as well. We kept trying to think of ways to make it safe for everyone, and realized it's not safe. People will have to remove masks to eat and drink and there just isn't a lot of space for guests to distance at our venue. Plus we would have had to cut our guest list and we want to be able to invite who we want and for them to enjoy being there and feel comfortable.

• Christina
    Dedicated October 2021
    Christina Online
    • Flag
    We postponed from October 2020 to 2021. It鈥檚 clear this pandemic won鈥檛 be over this year and we want to have the big wedding we planned for the past 2 years and not have to worry about the health and safety of our guests. It鈥檚 a personal decision and I think it depends on what you鈥檙e willing or not willing to change about what you envisioned your wedding to be.
  • Taylor
    VIP October 2020
    Taylor
    • Flag

We're in Texas, getting married on 10/10 and moving forward as planned. Our venue is laid back and assured us it will all be fine. We have 250 on the guest list but expect a high decline rate (which is fine). We're just ready to do the dang thing!

• Marissa
    Devoted October 2020
    Marissa
    • Flag

We are full steam ahead as well! Our date is 10/10 and we don't want to postpone or cancel. And our venue is not worried. We also feel like 2021 might not be much better, since the way the government has been handling things. And just the unknown for next year would just stress me out haha. But I do have hope for those 2021 brides! I honestly hope next year will be better, or at least have a better sense of how large gatherings can be like. But for us, we have decided to cut our guest list to 25 people (those closest and dearest to us), and then live stream for those that cannot join us in person. We would like to throw a large anniversary/celebration party once covid is long gone or if there's a vaccine, but that'll probably be in a few years from now... I'd say do what you feel is right for you and your FH. Good luck to you! 馃挄

• T
    Devoted April 2021
    Tiger Bride
    • Flag

We moved ours to April '21. Virus, travel restrictions, masks (ugh), too much stress before the wedding.

• Amy
    Beginner October 2021
    Amy
    • Flag
    I was freaking out for these past few months too as my date is on 10/17/20 in PA. I was so sure that it would happen this year, but with the current climate of the pandemic, my fianc茅 and I didn鈥檛 feel comfortable with proceeding with our wedding this year. We decided last week to move it out to next year and honestly have felt relieved in knowing we will have the wedding we actually have planned for with everyone we want there safe. We are still planning on getting married this year in an intimate minimony.
  • Tiffany
    Savvy May 2021
    Tiffany
    • Flag
    Planned for 10/10 in Norfolk, VA. We couldn鈥檛 cut our guest list from 200 to 50 with the new restrictions placed yesterday so postponed to May 2021
  • Neeva
    Rockstar September 2020
    Neeva Online
    • Flag

I already postponed once so going ahead for September with half the guests. I am not postponing again due to monetary reasons and I honestly don't know when will be safe. What if I postpone again and the virus continues until late next year?! I just cant handle the unknown of it all.

• Destiny
    Savvy October 2020
    Destiny
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That鈥檚 our whole thing. If we postpone , how many times will we postpone? No one knows when it will be over. 馃槱 I think I鈥檒l just downsize guest list & keep my October date
  • Destiny
    Savvy October 2020
    Destiny
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Definitely hoping that things will get better. 馃馃従 I have time to think about it but I want to make my decision soon so I can know what to do invitation & guest list wise. I was hoping to send my invites out sometime in August

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles