We are getting married 10/4/20 in PA. I’ve been keeping in touch with my venue and they have assured us that our wedding can go on with some precautions and regulations in place. Luckily for us, the state of PA has not surged in corona cases, so we have 66 days to go! How is your state doing in terms of cases? Have you spoken with your venue and other vendors? I truly hope your date works out for you!
Ours Is Oct. 17th In VA. We Are Still Moving Forward As Planned. As Of Right Now The Only Changes Are That Masks Will Be Required And We May Have To Cut The Guestlist Down To 50 But We Only Have 60 Guests Anyway So Not A Big Deal. We're Trying To Stay Positive And Just Going With The Flow Of Things.
Date twins! We are hoping to continue and move forward as planned. We’re in NC and our governor has extended phase 2 till august 7th. I just emailed my venue to see if he keeps extending phase 2 what we would need to do. I spoke to them last month and they told us we just had to be under half capacity but I wasn’t sure if that was for expecting us to be in phase 3 by then or not, which is why I emailed them again.
We have decided to postpone. We knew things would not be good enough by then to have the wedding we really want (ie, no face masks, social distancing or cutting guest lists, guests able to hug and dance and not be fearful for their health).
We've decided to postpone as well. We kept trying to think of ways to make it safe for everyone, and realized it's not safe. People will have to remove masks to eat and drink and there just isn't a lot of space for guests to distance at our venue. Plus we would have had to cut our guest list and we want to be able to invite who we want and for them to enjoy being there and feel comfortable.
We postponed from October 2020 to 2021. It’s clear this pandemic won’t be over this year and we want to have the big wedding we planned for the past 2 years and not have to worry about the health and safety of our guests. It’s a personal decision and I think it depends on what you’re willing or not willing to change about what you envisioned your wedding to be.
We're in Texas, getting married on 10/10 and moving forward as planned. Our venue is laid back and assured us it will all be fine. We have 250 on the guest list but expect a high decline rate (which is fine). We're just ready to do the dang thing!
We are full steam ahead as well! Our date is 10/10 and we don't want to postpone or cancel. And our venue is not worried. We also feel like 2021 might not be much better, since the way the government has been handling things. And just the unknown for next year would just stress me out haha. But I do have hope for those 2021 brides! I honestly hope next year will be better, or at least have a better sense of how large gatherings can be like. But for us, we have decided to cut our guest list to 25 people (those closest and dearest to us), and then live stream for those that cannot join us in person. We would like to throw a large anniversary/celebration party once covid is long gone or if there's a vaccine, but that'll probably be in a few years from now... I'd say do what you feel is right for you and your FH. Good luck to you! 💕
I was freaking out for these past few months too as my date is on 10/17/20 in PA. I was so sure that it would happen this year, but with the current climate of the pandemic, my fiancé and I didn’t feel comfortable with proceeding with our wedding this year. We decided last week to move it out to next year and honestly have felt relieved in knowing we will have the wedding we actually have planned for with everyone we want there safe. We are still planning on getting married this year in an intimate minimony.
I already postponed once so going ahead for September with half the guests. I am not postponing again due to monetary reasons and I honestly don't know when will be safe. What if I postpone again and the virus continues until late next year?! I just cant handle the unknown of it all.
View Quoted Comment
Definitely hoping that things will get better. 🤞🏾 I have time to think about it but I want to make my decision soon so I can know what to do invitation & guest list wise. I was hoping to send my invites out sometime in August