S
Just Said Yes May 2020

nyc elopement

Shannon, on August 11, 2019 at 5:42 PM Posted in New York Planning 0 11
Saved Save
We're eloping in NYC next May, just the two of us while on vacation. Going to the marriage bureau then getting pictures done in Brooklyn Bridge Park.

Does anyone have tips for eloping in NYC? I'm especially interested in any advice for an easy bouquet and suggestions for places we should eat and/or drink at after. Thanks!

11 Comments

• Rebecca
    Super August 2019
    Rebecca ·

Having just gotten my license in NYC - you might want to look into appointments, or budget in wait time.

I can tell you that there are vendors selling bouquets inside and outside the building, so there's last-minute options, if you'd like.

What's your budget on food, and what's the size of your party? Also, what type of food would you like to eat?

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·

Hey Shannon! Congratulations on your engagement!

Will you be in NYC for many days before your wedding day? If you want a bouquet that is a bit more personalized, you may be able to go into a florist and request a bouquet to be made with your desired flowers, or in colors that you like.

Will it just be the two of you going for dinner after your ceremony?

That sounds like it will be really intimate and special. What type of food are you interested in having?

• S
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Shannon ·
    View Quoted Comment
    No set budget for food. We're willing to get a fancy dinner since it'll just be the two of us We're completely open to anything in terms of food but we didn't want to feel too out of place in our wedding attire.
  • S
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Shannon ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! We'll be in NYC about four days before so maybe I'll check out some florists online. Initially I was just thinking of doing something quick and casual.

Yes, it'll just be the two of us We're completely open to anything in terms of food but we didn't want to feel too out of place in our wedding attire.
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    View Quoted Comment

Are you still wearing a long wedding gown? You will look so amazing!!! My brother and his wife eloped to NYC last year and got their photos taken on the steps of The New York City Public Library. They turned out absolutely stunning! Brooklyn Bridge Park will be a beautiful place to take your photos!!😍

• S
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Shannon ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes, I'm still wearing a long gown. Thank you! I'm really excited!
  • Rebecca
    Super August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    View Quoted Comment

In that case, your best bet is to start looking up fancier restaurants. Know that NYC prices are ... high.

There are many, many, many nice places, but if you want the fancier ones, you're going to need a reservation. I would suggest avoiding Times Square, though.

• Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    View Quoted Comment

What is your dress like? 😍

• S
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Shannon ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I actually haven't gotten a dress yet. I found the process of searching and trying them on to be a bit overwhelming. I just know it'll be long and white lol
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    View Quoted Comment

Is there is a specific style you are looking for?

• S
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Shannon ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Of dress? Long, flowy a-line. Something that's easy to walk in and bring on a flight.

Comment on this discussion