bhvasquez
Just Said Yes October 2024

Not Wearing White

bhvasquez, on July 13, 2021 at 12:14 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 15
Saved
I have never been a fan of white, especially for my dream wedding dress. I have been looking for ideas of non-white wedding dresses. I want some type of color, rose, red, gold, champagne, a deep blush… Every store that I check out online has very limited color options and nothing seems bold enough for me. Does anyone have suggestions on where to look or any designers to look into that love color?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Shauna, on July 28, 2021 at 1:49 PM
  • Rosie
    Rockstar February 2022
    Rosie ·
    • Flag

Ok so these aren't necessarily wedding stores, but they do have beautiful dresses/gowns that I think you will love!

https://www.teutamatoshi.com/collections/all-products

https://lirikamatoshi.com/collections/dresses (of strawberry dress fame)

https://intl.needleandthread.com/

https://jennypackham.com/ss21-campaign/

Nordstrom also sell some pretty things!

• Mageofhonor
    Dedicated November 2021
    Mageofhonor ·
    • Flag
    ^^^Seconding the previous poster, Teuta Matoshi and Lirika Matoshi both have beautiful, bold dresses!

If you’re open to multi-colored dresses, Willowby by Watters has some cute, colorful options too! They may be a bit more subtle than what you’re looking for though.Not Wearing White 1

Not Wearing White 2
    Not Wearing White 3

• Emilia
    Expert June 2019
    Emilia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

These are beautiful !

• AJ
    Super October 2022
    AJ ·
    • Flag
    Try looking on CocoMelody
  • Rabreena
    Devoted October 2021
    Rabreena ·
    • Flag

Not Wearing White 4

This is a picture of my wedding dress (not me), it is made by Calla Blanche. This designer makes different style of dresses that are not in a white color.

• Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

I wore ivory for my wedding but absolutely love floral applique dresses, like "Willa" by Savin London (shown below). I actually would love a non-wedding excuse to wear something like this!

Not Wearing White 5

I would honestly just search for "gowns" in colors that interest you and perhaps leave out the words "wedding" or "bridal". You'll be more likely to actually get colorful results that way, and using the word "gown" should give you something a little more elaborate/formal than if you just put in something like "red dress."

Also check out Etsy for colored wedding dresses. They seem to have more "non-traditional" options on there, so hopefully a search will actually yield results more similar to what you are looking for instead of just a bunch of barely white bridal dresses. Good luck and let us know what you find!

• Tiffany
    Savvy October 2022
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    Azazie.com might have some!!
  • Nisha
    Devoted May 2022
    Nisha ·
    • Flag

Check out the prom section or bridesmaid section of the formal shop instead of the bridal section. You don't have to buy a "wedding" dress if you want more color. It'll also likely be cheaper.

• Jasmine E.
    Rockstar May 2022
    Jasmine E. ·
    • Flag
    I was also going to suggest Willowby! They have the aforementioned rainbow gown, plus this gold star gown that's amazing:
    Not Wearing White 6
    Alternatively you can look on Etsy. You can get a custom gown there in any color, probably for a fraction of the price of these bridal designers.
  • bhvasquez
    Just Said Yes October 2024
    bhvasquez ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Those are absolutely gorgeous! I would definitely prefer to try things on, but maybe Ill drive up to NY and go to the store that Teuta Matoshi has if I cant find anything closer. Grab the girls and road trip! Lol

• M
    Dedicated October 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I got mine at an independent boutique in Issaquah, WA. Because they do all of their own designs, they can customize whatever. I had them change the main color of my dress from nude to silver, and it didn’t cost anything extra. The name of the shop is Tulip Bridal. The owner is super sweet!
  • Maya
    Just Said Yes May 2022
    Maya ·
    • Flag
    I'm planning to wear navy blue. I was having a really hard time finding any dresses that looked the right combo of formal but not too formal and not pro-life that also was dark enough. Eventually, I came across JJs House which is probably where I will order my dress from, so that is my suggestion. A dress I've had my eye on is at this link. A lot of the dresses are available in many colors. Good luck!
  • Jessica
    Savvy February 2022
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    You got to go custom or shop in evening wear. I am making my own dress and using lavender fabric with vintage white accents. Finally cut my fabric and overlaid the tulip lace Not Wearing White 7

• Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Cocomelody.com has dresses available in most colors. David’s also sells red and black dresses
  • Shauna
    Beginner April 2023
    Shauna ·
    • Flag
    Not Wearing White 8
    Ignore this weird face I’m making, I was trying to pull myself together haha. My dress is by Essence of Australia. The color is a little hard to tell in the photo, my mother in law was taking screenshots from the video she took. The lace is more of an off white, and the layer underneath is champagne. I’m absolutely in love. I’m like you and not a fan of pure, stark white. I was definitely going for a vintage feel and this dress delivered! Good luck! 💜

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics