Marissa
Expert October 2020

Not really loving how i look in my dress anymore?

Marissa, on September 4, 2020 at 11:19 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
Saved
So I had my second dress fitting today and it went really well and I got to choose the accessories, and got to see how my grandmother's veil looks with the dress (which I will be wearing on my wedding day and I'm super excited about it!) But now I'm having this feeling of not really loving how I look in it anymore? Idk maybe because the alterations aren't done on it yet, or because I always see a pooch of fat right below my waist😅? I feel like the dress kinda enhances that part of my body and makes me feel a bit self-conscious. I'm not wearing any Spanx or anything so I'm thinking I'll try it with Spanx during my final fitting to see if it hides that. Or maybe it's not even that noticeable? My first dress fitting went so well and I didn't see anything wrong! But now after seeing it again I just see all the flaws haha. I truly love my dress especially the bodice part. My final fitting is in a couple weeks so I'm hoping that spark of excitement will be back then. I'm I just overthinking this? Have you ever felt similar during your dress fittings?

Not really loving how i look in my dress anymore? 1
Not really loving how i look in my dress anymore? 2
Not really loving how i look in my dress anymore? 3

11 Comments

Latest activity by Private User, on September 5, 2020 at 10:37 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Dude it looks gorgeous and so do you ! It could be because alterations aren’t done and because yeah maybe spanx will help you achieve the look you’re going for. But regardless you are so pretty
  • Marissa
    Expert October 2020
    Marissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aww thank you Melle!!!
  • Alma
    Expert October 2020
    Alma ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is so pretty! And you look beautiful in it! I have some like underwear “spanx” i got from target. It’s badically a high waisted undie and it makes a huge difference when I wear tight clothing! Give a try Smiley smile
  • Alma
    Expert October 2020
    Alma ·
    • Flag
    Not really loving how i look in my dress anymore? 4
    It’s these but in nude. I love them. I noticed your dress is see through mid abdomen so these are low enough not to show Smiley smile
  • Marissa
    Expert October 2020
    Marissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Alma! I will try these! Yeah the top part of my dress is sheer so I didn't bother with any shape wear thinking it would show through. But these look like they could work! 🙂
  • Marabeth
    Devoted September 2020
    Marabeth ·
    • Flag
    It’s a gorgeous dress and you look stunning in it! I second shapewear undies. I hear the ones at Target work really well. FH and I are going tomorrow to look because I ordered Shapermint and I’m not really a fan.
  • Msalberts
    Master October 2021
    Msalberts ·
    • Flag
    Omg that dress is gorgeous on you! Idk what you’re talking about! It’s perfect.
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    I think the dress is so beautiful on you!! I also love the details on the sleeves. I agree with the previous suggestions - regardless of how it looks, you need to feel comfortable and confident in it. Maybe either mention your concern to alterations to see if they can make a change to it, or wear shapewear that is low enough? The ones Alma suggested look like they'd work perfectly.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    I think that it looks very pretty on you, I don’t see a problem with it!
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    That dress looks gorgeous on you!!
  • Private User
    Dedicated September 2020
    Private User ·
    • Flag
    Absolutely stunning! The veil goes perfectly with your dress! Do not dwell on what you think your imperfections are. Because you look A-Mazing in that dress!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics