We are scheduled to get married 8/16/20 in North Carolina. I was going to revisit in June about possible cancellation. I have decided instead to ride this out longer. 90% of the planning is done and money is spent. We are going to continue as normal and not cancel until the beginning of August. Our "venue" is a beach house where the reception will be outside with about 50 people. ceremony will be on the beach. I live in New York and it seems like NC is opening up sooner than our state. The only reason I will cancel right now is if the town is closed for short term rentals (they allowed short term rentals to start back up May 22nd) Anyone else doing something similar?
We just began phase 2 of reopening here in NC, and unless things go very downhill between now and August, we will be well past phase 3 by then. I think you will be fine to have your wedding. All of our beaches are currently open to non-residents and the only places, this time, with capacity limits are businesses. I would continue on as normal.
I’m Sept 4 2020 Lake Lure NC I live here in N.C. and my coordinator told me she is doing two weddings in June with 65 people! I’m hopeful my wedding will have about 65 people too and is outdoors. I pray we will be ok!
We're NC based and planning October 2020 wedding. Keeping the course and our fingers crossed! Wedding is outside Asheville, 150 guests (I'd expect less will make the trip though), and most are travelling from out of town/state.