Peyton
Dedicated April 2020

Non-rsvp wedding

Peyton, on February 1, 2020 at 10:30 PM Posted in Planning 0 12
Saved Save
I didn’t do rsvp for my wedding. But on a recent group on here has me questioning if I should send out rsvp now I sent out my invitation last week.

Reasoning behind not doing it is because I asked my mom and she said no that we know who will surely come and some that we know that probably won’t come.

Then with my venue Is buffet style told the cater /venue owner that I invited 200 guest. He told me as long as it dont go over 210 we will be fine. If it would go over 210 then I have to let them know.

12 Comments

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    But if only say 100 people come, you would want to have less food prepared, right? Also what about seating? I think it would be very helpful to know how many people you’re expecting
  • Peyton
    Dedicated April 2020
    Peyton ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Because for seating. Wasn’t gonna make a seating chart. Was gonna let everyone sit where ever.

But even if we have less then 200 the price is still gonna be the same
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    But if you have 200 chairs and food for 200, that’s a huge waste of food and effort setting up if only 100 people show up.

Also it’s a pretty big mistake not to have a seating chart... say if all 200 people show up, people will have difficulty finding a table and making sure every seat is filled. Large groups will end up getting separated from each other.
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    Uh what to your mom's reasoning.
    My FBIL & his wife didnt do RSVPs, and idk how many people they invited... but they had 3 or 4 full sheet cakes leftover after their wedding. Plus many catered meals. And they were planning to get several kegs, and I dont think they used a full one.

We've recieved about 30% of our RSVPs back, and we're surprised to only have a 3% decline rate so far. But pleased that several people opted not to bring dates or children.
    I just like knowing how many people to expect and not wasting money on food that will go unused.
  • Peyton
    Dedicated April 2020
    Peyton ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wedding is April 4th when should I have deadline for ?

• Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My wedding is the week before yours, my deadline is 1 month prior to wedding.
  • Peyton
    Dedicated April 2020
    Peyton ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Should I just contact the people I invited or should I mail out rsvp ?
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would say 3-4 weeks before the wedding
  • Peyton
    Dedicated April 2020
    Peyton ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    For deadline or send out ?
  • Peyton
    Dedicated April 2020
    Peyton ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Never mind last message didn’t see what message you quoted till after
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    Why would you want to waste money on food, place settings, favors, etc. on guests that may or may not show up?
  • S
    December 2020
    Shelly ·
    • Flag

I'm in the minority as I don't think you need to f/u with RSVP's after the invites already went out. You said your venue is the same price up to 210 and they will have enough food for that number of people. The only tables/seats you need to put a reserved sign on is for immediate family and bridal party. Everyone will be able to settle in and find a seat. If it is usual in your area to have seating charts, put a sign by the entrance that tells people to pick a seat and enjoy the reception.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics