M
Dedicated November 2019

No photos yet from photographer - What to do?

Marla, on December 2, 2019 at 11:07 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 5
Saved
I’m not sure what to do. Our photographer had really great reviews and worked with the previous owners of our house. She was very thorough at the wedding and even showed up early to get some extra shots and increased our time for free. She even sent us a few previews within 24 hours. Our contract stated she would have our full gallery done in 72 hours, which I thought was extremely fast. Her email with the previews said one week instead of 72 hours. Okay, that was understandable and we like the previews (they are for the web only quality). We are now 8 days past the date she said she would get them to us by. I have emailed her twice but have received no response (for the past two messages that I sent). I would completely understand if she needed extra time due to the holiday, but would appreciate it if she was upfront about it. No response is making me panic that maybe something bad happened to our photos. My husband paid her $1,600. Not sure what to do here. Again, she was really nice to work with, but I’m having anxiety. Our videographer already gave us our video. We got married on 11/16.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on December 2, 2019 at 2:06 PM
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry this is happening to you! I would be stressed out about this, too. Is there a physical office you can go to? Sometimes meeting face to face can get these things solved quicker.

• M
    Dedicated November 2019
    Marla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. Unfortunately, no. She owns her own business and works out of her home.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Since she's breached her contract, I would let her know that if the photos aren't given to you by X date, you'll have no choice but to take her to small claims court Smiley amazing

• Catherine
    VIP November 2019
    Catherine ·
    • Flag

I think that is a really fast time frame for her to have everything done by. some people wait 3 - 6 moths before receiving edited gallery. personally i feel the more time they work on the photos the better the outcome. but i would only be a little concerned because she has promised them to you. Honestly, i would wait it out a little bit longer. see if she reaches back out to you. I wouldn't stress it just yet. If she doesn't get back to you within the month, then i would take more serious and necessary steps.

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

A 72 hour turn around for a completely edited photo gallery is incredibly fast! I could be worried at the quality you would receive in that time frame. Our contract stated 4-6 weeks, and we receive our full gallery right at the 6 week mark. We did get a sneak peek 24 hours after our wedding and sneak peek gallery 1 week later.

That being said, it is rude of her to completely ignore your messages. I would call her and email her again. I would let her know that if you do not receive a response from her, or your photos, by a certain date (you choose), that you will take legal action against her based on her violating the signed contract.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics