We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Samantha
VIP October 2020

No Moh?

Samantha, on July 15, 2019 at 9:21 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 6
Saved Save
I’m trying to decide on my bridal party and am considering asking two bridesmaids to be co maids of honor or to just eliminate the position altogether. Has anyone had a wedding with 2 or no MOH? Any advice?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Jenna, on July 16, 2019 at 11:35 AM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I had two! I had two maids of honor, two bridesmaids, and a bridesman.
    I honestly think at the end of the day they're just all titles anyway. My two moh are the ones that are my besties and they did give speeches and felt like they were a bit more attentive but overall the whole bridal party worked together to make all the events and stuff happen anyway
  • Kristen
    Dedicated November 2019
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    I’m having 4 bridesmaids, no MOH. I didn’t feel comfortable picking a “favorite” as they are all important to me. It has worked out so far!
  • C
    Rockstar January 2019
    Cassidy Online ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t technically have a MOH. My sister was paired with the best man. She stood closest to me , held my bouquet, and gave a speech. But, I didn’t want to give her the title. I had 2 bridesmaids. They’re really just titles.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

I had 3 bridesmaids and no MOH. I did not want to choose one over the other. They worked together to plan the couple's shower and bachelorette party. As for choosing their order for the ceremony, I did so based on how long I knew each one with the girl I knew the longest standing closest to me.

• Elizabeth
    Dedicated February 2020
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    I was a co-maid of honor in my best friends wedding. It was very beneficial for her since I live in her hometown (where the wedding took place) and was able to help with things here. Her other maid of honor lives in the same city as she does so was able to help her with things there. For us, it worked beautifully and was great.
  • Jenna
    Super October 2019
    Jenna ·
    • Flag

I am having 5 bridesmaids and no MOH. One of them is kind of spearheading the bachelorette plans with the help of two others. That same one will give a toast at the wedding. My showers are being thrown by women outside of the bridal party because in my circle the bridal never does the shower... it's usually close family friends or aunt(s) of the bride. I'm going to have them stand in order of who I've known the longest.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics