Skip to main content
S
Just Said Yes October 2021

No Moh..?

Shelby, on February 24, 2020 at 2:42 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 12
Saved
Thoughts on only having bridesmaids and no maid of honor?
I can’t complain, too much. I’m lucky to have as many close friends as I do. But I don’t want a large bridal party and I’m having a tough time, not only deciding who should be my bridesmaids but, who to choose to be my maid of honor.. I don’t want anyone’s feelings to be hurt, but I also can’t decide between two people.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Jacks, on February 29, 2020 at 8:28 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I think it’s ok to not have anyone as the title of MoH. My husband didn’t have a best man. Only groomsmen
  • M
    Expert October 2021
    Megan ·
    • Flag

Totally fine to not have a MOH and just bridesmaids.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

Totally fine to not have a maid of honor.

• Fmv
    Super October 2020
    Fmv ·
    • Flag
    Im having bridesmaids and no MOH. No issues
    I have had alot of people ask who my MOH is, but i just say not having one lol
  • Carlette
    Dedicated August 2020
    Carlette ·
    • Flag
    I don't have a MOH so I think it's fine. Just three BM. I wanted them to all be equal in the responsibilities.
  • Alyssa
    Dedicated August 2021
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    I'm only have three in my party two of which are close friends of mine and they are both sisters...there is no way I'm choosing one over the other. And my other bridesmaid is my FH sister...so I'm only having bridesmaids to keep it simple.
  • Tia
    Savvy May 2022
    Tia ·
    • Flag
    I think it’s fine. I know people who have had two MOHs. It’s your day. There is no right or wrong!
  • Jen
    Dedicated October 2020
    Jen ·
    • Flag
    I am having no MOH either Smiley smile I love them all. Picking bridesmaids was sooo tuff. Definitely hurt some peoples feelings but I couldn’t have more than 7....it is already to many for me with 7. I picked the people I am closest and who keep more in touch with me.
  • Angel
    Expert August 2020
    Angel ·
    • Flag

I have 2 best friends and made them both my MOH's Smiley smile no need to choose if you can't/don't want to.

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t have a MOH. I love all of my friends and did not want to single anyone out as a MOH. So everyone was just a bridesmaid or bridesman.
  • Sara
    Expert August 2021
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    I am not having a maid of honor, all three of my girls are from different times in my life and I couldn't choose. So I am picking the order they walk down the aisle by pairing them up with which groomsman they look best next to.
  • Jacks
    Champion November 2054
    Jacks ·
    • Flag

Totally fine not to have a MOH!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics