A
Beginner August 2022

No moh or Bridesmaids?

Ashley, on October 13, 2021 at 10:25 PM Posted in Planning 0 15
Saved
Anyone else planning a wedding basically alone? Like no MOH or Bridesmaids?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, yesterday at 2:24 PM
  • Nisha
    Expert May 2022
    Nisha ·
    • Flag
    We are 🙋🏽‍♀️

It's a 2nd wedding for us both and we don't wanna place any unnecessary financial burdens on our friends. Our kids will be the only "wedding party" we have.

His 12 year old daughter will be our "flower child"... she has informed me that she wants a dress that will flare out when she twirls 😂.
    My 5 and 8 year old boys will be our sign bearers.
    My friends will be wearing our wedding colors, dark green and/or gold, and supporting us from their seats. I mentioned it, they wanted to do it.
  • A
    Beginner August 2022
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    More in terms as in I don't have any friends
  • Nisha
    Expert May 2022
    Nisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh... gotcha
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Do you mean like not picking any bridesmaids or they don’t help you plan?
  • A
    Beginner August 2022
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I don't have any friends
  • Stacey
    Super May 2021
    Stacey Online ·
    • Flag
    Isn’t your future spouse helping plan? 😕
  • devotedlydavis
    Devoted March 2022
    devotedlydavis ·
    • Flag
    I don’t know that it’s any different from most that have a wedding party. It’s not your bridesmaid’s job to help plan, and no one is as interested in your wedding as you are. My fiancé and I are planning everything ourselves, but we prefer it that way so we can ensure we get the day WE want.
  • M
    VIP January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

I didn't have a wedding party. My partner and I chose to plan (and pay for) everything ourselves to keep things simple and to avoid all the extraneous opinions we didn't want. It worked beautifully. I recommend embracing the freedom of knowing your own mind and executing your own plan without outside interference.

• J.
    Beginner October 2021
    J. ·
    • Flag
    We aren’t having a wedding party. It is my first wedding and his second. I have more very close friends than he does so rather than cutting people we went with no one. Sometimes it is a little lonely but in many ways it is has been a meaningful way to becoming much closer to my partner. Making and having friends outside your relationship is important but the wedding is about you and your partner.
  • Alexandra
    Beginner August 2022
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag
    We aren't having a wedding party either! My mom doesn't even want anything to do with the planning. Try to have fun with it regardless and have fun planning dates with your FH!
  • A
    Beginner August 2022
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Unfortunately he doesn't really care.
  • M
    VIP January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this! That sounds like a much bigger problem than not having a wedding party. I would step back from any actually planning and focus on getting on the same page with your future spouse. It's so important to learn to work as a team, when getting married and for the whole of your marriage.

• A
    Beginner August 2022
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Is your FH really involved in wedding planning,?
  • M
    VIP January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

He was, yes (we are already married). We had a lot of discussions about what we both did and didn't want, and then we divvied up the tasks to get it done. Obviously, everyone is different, but I personally wouldn't have wanted to marry someone who "doesn't really care."

• A
    Beginner August 2022
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Gotcha. Thanks

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics