Cassi
Devoted August 2022

No bridal party proposal

Cassi, on June 2, 2020 at 6:08 PM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved
Hello everyone! I hope all of your planning is going well so far❤️ I have mentioned before how we are not having a bridal party. We just want our children and us at the altar and I really don’t want to burden anyone with the finances that come along with being an actual BM or MOH. So I have came up with the idea to have an “I do crew”. They can still have a hand in whatever planning and preparing up to the big day, that they would feel comfortable with without fully obligating themselves in any major way. Does that sound dumb? 😐I’m not sure if lm over thinking it or what now. I got these cards made that says “will you be a part of my do crew” and I got a cute proposal on the inside saying “we couldn’t choose one so chose all of you to be a part of our I do crew”-I don’t want that to imply that that’s their official “wedding invite”. It’s like our way of proposing to them to be a part of the festivity planning and wedding planning and ideas and things. What do you guys think? I’m just having a random panic moment. I want our friends to feel special and included and not like we just want them there to show up to our day and that’s it. I even created cute shirts and cups that both say I do crew on them with the font from the show Friends😊.the shirts are tailored with myself and my fiancée and the two brides in the middle and 3 girls on each side and I had them designed to look like each of our friends it super cute! I was going to add an additional cute personalized gift for each person as well. Any thoughts would be appreciated 🙂

10 Comments

Latest activity by Cassi, on June 2, 2020 at 9:19 PM
  • Elizabeth
    Super June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

That sounds super cute! And I think it's really considerate of you not to put that monetary pressure on people! I think this is really sweet, but could be confusing to people. Maybe just make it clear in conversation that it's just a way of honoring them and telling them how special they are to you, because I do know some people who call their wedding party their "i do crew" so you just don't want people getting confused and asking about bridesmaid dresses or getting worried about anything.

• Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    That’s a great idea! I love it!
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    I definitely think it could be confusing to them because they might think that they are being asked to be part of a bridal party. I have heard of bridesmaids being referred to the I Do Crew before. I also want to add that no one is responsible for planning your wedding even if you had a bridal party. Of all of the people in my bridal party, my sister-in-law who was a bridesmaid was the only one who helped with anything. I didn't expect anyone to help me plan. The only reason she helped is because she offered. I wouldn't expect your friends to help with planning your event. I know I've seen a lot of brides post on here how they thought their friends would help plan and were shocked when their friends didn't.
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s what I was thinking also to just have a conversation to explain to them they aren’t obligated to be a specific part of our wedding but To participate in helping plan. I Don’t want them to have to purchase dresses or anything just coordinate with our colors at the ceremony but I do want them to be a part of everything. I have read where people have had non traditional bridal parties and in the crowd they just rose, or something like that. Instead of walking down the aisle. I haven’t decided on doing all of that though but just to include them in being a part of our journey to the big day and our day ❤️
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Margaret!🥰
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I don’t expect them to help me plan but they have expressed their plans and ideas slightly to give that impression. I’m trying to be considerate enough with knowing they would probably feel left out. Planning isn’t necessarily what I would say their role would be but more like support.but I want them to feel included as they’ve subliminally expressed throughout our relationship that they would want to be🙂
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I just would make their roles very clear otherwise I think this could be very confusing to them. If someone gave me something that said I Do Crew, I would think I was being asked to be a bridesmaid.
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree with this here. I think your plan is super cute but I would let them know they can help how they want to regardless of being official bridal party. One of my friends who would have been a bridesmaid had we had an actual wedding knows we are eloping with my best friend and her hubby but I am still inviting her to try on some dresses and if she wants to help with any festivities she is more than welcome to but she knows our plans. Like suggested as long as they know the details clearly it could be fine. Smiley smile

• Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes that’s exactly what I’m planning! Just be there for opinions and moral support and be able to witness the wedding journey❤️We aren’t getting eloped but we are having a very small wedding with majority friends.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics