We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Aleksandra
Just Said Yes May 2020

nj May 23 Bride- to postpone or not?

Aleksandra, on March 26, 2020 at 10:31 AM Posted in Planning 0 12
Saved Save
Reply

Hi all-


I have been doing so much research online and checking in with my vendors as well...we are due to get married in NJ on May 23, 2020. Our state has imposed pretty strict restrictions with a "until further notice" tag. It used to be eight weeks which would have put us at May 11, 2020. I do not know whether or not to postpone. The postponement date would be Jan 22, 2021 since out venue is completely booked until then. Our rsvp date is April 15th and we have stopped getting rsvps probably because people want to hold off and see as well. If we push forward, my concern is people not coming because they still have fear to be out in public gatherings...thoughts? advice?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on April 4, 2020 at 9:21 PM
  • Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

    I'm so sorry but I would postpone...NJ is a hot spot and don't see things clearing up by May. I would take that January date while it's still available because things are booking up like crazy with nearly all April and May brides postponing.

    • Reply
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    I do see what you mean because may 23 isn’t far off from the 8 weeks and so people might very well still be fearful but also I don’t even really think this will all be back to normal by then either. I think it would be special if you did something on your original date anyway even if small
    • Reply
  • Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    You can wait it out till April to see what next steps to see what to do...
    • Reply
  • Emily
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag

    We have a May 23rd wedding date as well and are up in Washington State. Such a hard decision being on the cusp of the 8 week mark but we are most likely going to do something small and then have a big celebration in early fall. Not what we wanted or have planned for in any way what so ever, but not sure we have another choice right now. Feeling for you so so much!

    • Reply
  • Joyce
    Dedicated October 2020
    Joyce ·
    • Flag

    I suggest rescheduling it to January and jumping on that date while it's still available. I know that's not easy to hear, I'm sorry. NJ is a hotspot, cases there are increasing dramatically, and the social distancing orders are just going to get more severe. Even if the worst of this curve is over by May, my guess is that they'll relax social distancing restrictions very slowly, and unfortunately, big personal gatherings like weddings will not be at the beginning of that list.

    • Reply
  • River
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    River ·
    • Flag

    Wedding is May 24th 2020.

    We are super bummed, havent been getting RSVP's back as much either, and I think its because of whats going on. We will make our postponement decision on April 1st. Sucks... feel like we will have to wait till next year because we want to keep our date. Hope your doing okay!

    • Reply
  • Laura
    Master October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

    I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. We have a community hub of all our COVID-19 information, including cancellation guides, monthly planning posts, and advice on how to get additional support. I hope it helps you navigate this difficult time!

    • Reply
  • Jai Butcher
    Rockstar May 2020
    Jai Butcher ·
    • Flag
    Our date is may 9th! Our venue said they would give us our $$ back. We will have a small wedding then ceremony. Then later at the end of August we will be having a bigger reception with 75 invited guests! Not how we wanted it to go, but that decision makes us happy tho. We just want to be married and enjoy it. At this point the size of the wedding doesnt even matter. We caused ourselves enough stress.
    • Reply
  • Jai Butcher
    Rockstar May 2020
    Jai Butcher ·
    • Flag
    Also we are in NJ too! South Jersey near deptford.
    • Reply
  • Rhiannon
    Savvy October 2020
    Rhiannon ·
    • Flag
    I live in Texas (more specifically Fort Worth). Our wedding is May 22nd. We are moving forward as planned. Our venue, will be reaching out to us on April 7th to give us the final decision regarding our date. I’m optimistic because today our mayor, announced that the public emergency declaration would be in place until that date. Just going with the flow and we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. I choose to believe that God knows what he is doing and I must surrender all to HIM.
    • Reply
  • P
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Priscilla ·
    • Flag
    I am in the same boat. Our date is May 23, 2020 as well and we are in California. We are hoping things will die down soon so we can move forward but we are waiting till early April to make any final decisions. I hope we get to have our special day!
    • Reply
  • S
    Dedicated September 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Postpone!!! I am also a May bride that postponed to January. I know it’s sad to do, but it would be more sad to run the risk of introducing the virus to your circle of loved ones.
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles