Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tessa
Devoted November 2019

Nightmares

Tessa, on June 24, 2019 at 11:04 AM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 7

I've read quit a few posts from people who have mentioned they have wedding day nightmares. The only nightmare I have is that my fiance decided he doesn't want to go through with it.....I am starting to freak myself out! I am having a very simple wedding and truly that is the only thing that could go "wrong" in my eyes. Any disaster would just been a meaningless detail to me, unless the groom backs out! Has anyone else had this particular nightmare? Multiple times?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Tabitha, on September 19, 2019 at 9:33 AM
  • Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I think every bride has some nightmares about her wedding day, but try to just relax and enjoy the whole experience. The little things that usually go wrong nobody notices but you and if things are good with your FH he isn鈥檛 going anywhere. 馃槉. Good luck!!
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Is this something you're actually legitimately worried about, or just a bad dream? If you're actually worried, I would think that's a really bad way to feel when you go into a marriage... either he is not making you feel loved and valued enough, or you are feeling insecure (or both). Either way I would try couples counseling!

• Tessa
    Devoted November 2019
    Tessa
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    I think I'm just worried about having nightmares all the way up until the wedding! Its freaking me out. Maybe some counseling would help ease my mind. That's good advice. Thank you!
  • Margaret
    Dedicated June 2020
    Margaret
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Omg i have it every night. Where FH says he'll marry me but doesn't really want to, or he doesn't show up...crazy what anxiety does
  • Tessa
    Devoted November 2019
    Tessa
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

I hate that you are having these nightmares, but I am also glad that I am not alone!! Our minds just wonder and wont ever shut off!

• Tessa
    Devoted November 2019
    Tessa
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you, Cyndy! I love going to concerts and I travel all over the US to see shows. Ever since I can remember I've had nightmares where I am stuck in traffic, I forgot the tickets, I show up on the wrong day haha. I should have known this would somehow translate to the wedding too.

• Tabitha
    Dedicated November 2019
    Tabitha
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'm 57 days out as of today. I haven't had that nightmare, but I have had a few others.

The first is that my dress was too big then as we are at the reception I see the stitches busting out after I eat and start dancing.

The other thing is that we get to the reception and there are tons of people that I don't know and that weren't invited walking around making a mess of everything.

I had a nightmare last night too but it must have been so bad I blocked it out. Haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics