We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Marisa
Rockstar May 2021

New Invitations for Elopement and Change the Dates for our Vow Renewal

Marisa, on August 6, 2020 at 8:23 AM Posted in Planning 0 8
Saved Save

Is this confusing to anyone? We sent out invitations for our Elopement to our parents. I spoke with my mother yesterday and she was confused (nothing out of the ordinary lol) and thought we were getting married in October of next year after speaking with her and explaining everything previously and after getting the invite. I’ve now mailed a change the date for our vow renewal in May of 2021. I just don’t want to cause any further confusion for our guests. Does this make sense? (The invitations only went to our parents, change the dates to everyone on our guest list.)

New Invitations for Elopement and Change the Dates for our Vow Renewal 1

New Invitations for Elopement and Change the Dates for our Vow Renewal 2

8 Comments

• L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I don't think it's confusing, as long as everyone invited to the elopement knows the plan. It might help to reach out to everyone invited to the elopement to clarify everything and answer any questions. Otherwise, for those invited just to the vow renewal, I don't think it's confusing!
  • Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

So the new date is in 2021? Makes sense.

• Alisa
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisa ·
    • Flag

Makes total sense. you vow renewal got moved from October 2020 to may 2021? will mom be at your elopement?

• T
    Devoted May 2021
    Trinity ·
    • Flag

We were supposed to get married in October as well, and also postponed to May 2021. I sent out our magnet save the dates back in March only to friends, so I created a new change the date on canva and just sent it out to those electronically via text, fb messages. That way if they have questions, they can ask. Surprisingly, one friend did not receive our STD, so I am glad I sent her fb msg. for change the date.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

I think these make total sense!! The wording in your Change the Dates card is really clear, and I love the celestial theme. 🌟

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    They look good to me ! I like the designs
  • Marisa
    Rockstar May 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag

Thank you everyone. I know it’s partly my mom because she is very forgetful. To think I spoke with her, sent the invitation and for her to think the elopement would be next year is just beyond me.

• Super August 2020
    Online ·
    • Flag

It totally makes sense to me. Some people always get confused by stationery, but you don't need to worry about this being a common misunderstanding among your guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles