D
Savvy June 2021

New Dress!!!

Dani, on August 9, 2020 at 7:37 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
Saved
After buying my first wedding dress last July, I had instant dress regrets that have stuck with me. Now that my wedding was postponed due to covid, I decided that the dress is the only real thing that I can control in this entire situation, so I let myself shop some more and chose this beauty!!! I was wondering if anyone knows how alterations would work with the floral lace appliqués since the dress is way too long on me. I don’t wanna risk cutting off half of the design but i’m not sure how it really works to be honest New Dress!!! 1

11 Comments

Latest activity by Crystal, on August 19, 2020 at 6:20 AM
  • Christina
    Devoted July 2020
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    This is a beautiful gown ! Omg ! I’m sure alterations will know what to do !
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Not to worry. The seamstress will know. Gorgeous dress on you!! Who is the designer?
  • D
    Savvy June 2021
    Dani ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Martina Liana!
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Beautiful dress! My seamstress is removing the appliqués on my dress by hand then sewing them back on. It’s time consuming and expensive, but worth it.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ooooh, my bodysuit was Martina Liana! Such pretty lace and her dresses photograph beautifully. 💕
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Looks lovely. Congrats! Great choice.

• Alisa
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisa ·
    • Flag

Beautiful dress!!! my gown has lace floral appliqués and i couldn't order a custom length that would arrive in time. so my seamstress lifted each appliqué near where the hemline would be, cut the dress to length (the skirt is tulle so no hemming needed) and then hand sewed them back on to the skirt in a way that flows with the other appliqués. that did make my alterations cost more though but worth it.

• Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Looks beautiful on you!

• Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

I would definitely talk to you seamstress to ask for sure. Beautiful dress.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Such a gorgeous dress Dani!! And it looks amazing on you!! 😍

I'm sure an alterations team can work their magic! ✨ Is there a seam at the waist of the dress? Sometimes they can take in the fabric from the top of the waist instead of hemming off the bottom of the dress to keep the design intact!

• C
    Savvy May 2021
    Crystal ·
    • Flag
    I love the dress, it looks great on you! What’s the style number?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics