Melody
Savvy April 2021

Nerves man... Ruined my photos!

Melody, on May 26, 2021 at 1:59 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 9
Saved
Nerves man... Ruined my photos! 1
I should have waited to do Bridal portraits until after I did the first look with my groom... All of the pictures before then, I hate because I was overrun with anxiety and I just needed my hubby! If you’re a nervous Nelly like me, keep in mind that maybe you should do your photos afterwards instead of trying to save time and doing them before you see your hubby...

9 Comments

Latest activity by Melody, on May 27, 2021 at 10:29 AM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

You look pretty! Did you not like any of the photos that were taken?

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Flag

Oh no! I'm so sorry you feel that way Melody! ❤️ I think you look beautiful in this picture!!

I totally agree with your advice on the first look though! I was so much more relaxed and happy after our first look - it was a huge anxiety reliever!!

Have you thought about scheduling another bridal session?

• Melody
    Savvy April 2021
    Melody ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have considered it!
  • Melody
    Savvy April 2021
    Melody ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I like the ones taken after I saw him, but none of the ones taken before! This one was after!Nerves man... Ruined my photos! 2

• Rosie
    Rockstar September 2021
    Rosie ·
    • Flag

Awww, I'm sorry you were disappointed! When we see the two photos together, I can see what you mean, but otherwise I wouldn't have known at all, and I think you look lovely in both!

The other thing which I hope makes you feel better - Spending that time apart before you see each other IS scary! Marriage is a big scary life event where everyone is staring at you! It makes perfect sense you would be anxious until you could look into your husband's eyes and get all the ceremonial stuff out of the way, and these photos are a true accounting of the day. The photos have captured all the nervousness, the excitement, the pent up energy that were really there. Maybe one day you'll look back on them and feel glad that you have a photo which captures exactly how it felt to be there, and when you look at them, you'll be taken straight back to that day. I hope so, anyway.

• Melody
    Savvy April 2021
    Melody ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I didn’t think of it that way! Definitely a true testament of how much I need him!!!
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree, you definitely looked nervous in the first one now that I see an after picture. Beautiful picture though Smiley heart

• Soon To Be Mrs. Stewart
    Devoted August 2022
    Soon To Be Mrs. Stewart ·
    • Flag

You looked beautiful!!!!!

• Melody
    Savvy April 2021
    Melody ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇