Kelly
Beginner August 2020

My Wedding August 1,2020

Kelly, on April 15, 2020 at 5:45 PM Posted in Community Conversations 1 13
Saved
Reply
Hey everyone. I'm a bride and I have so much anxiety we have 50 guests getting married at Charterhouse restaurant in South lake..just wondering if I should wait before changing or canceling?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on June 6, 2020 at 12:21 PM
  • Alisha
    Savvy September 2021
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    I would wait till July to make the call.
    Mine is in September I am waiting till August to make the call.
    If I am having my wedding I will be sending my invitation, if not I will be sending a Change the Date card.
    • Reply
  • Michelle
    VIP September 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I'd say wait until June/July. I feel like May will tell us a little more...hopeful for a clear June!
    • Reply
  • McKenzie
    Devoted August 2020
    McKenzie ·
    • Flag
    I feel you!!! I am so stressed out!! We’re getting married August 8th, getting married out of state (we live in Montana but all our family is in Oregon and we’re from Oregon) I just wish someone had a crystal ball and could tell us what the future entails!!! Obviously that’s not going to happen but it’s stressful that there’s so much unknown.
    • Reply
  • Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

    Wedding is also August 1st.. we're not making any decisions until end of June/beginning of July.

    • Reply
  • Emily
    Super August 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    Ours is August 8th and we are waiting it out!
    • Reply
  • Kelly
    Beginner August 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I know girl!!! Dont worry ... we will know our answers soon.
    • Reply
  • Kelly
    Beginner August 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's a great idea... yes , I agree.
    • Reply
  • Kelly
    Beginner August 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yep, thanks for the advice.
    • Reply
  • Michelle
    VIP September 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No problem! 🤞🏾
    • Reply
  • M
    Dedicated August 2021
    megan ·
    • Flag

    Hi, i would also check your contracts. We checked ours (August 29th date), and a lot of of our vendors required either 30 or 60 day notice to move a date or cancel to get any refunds back. We are making a firm decision by May 29th because of this.

    • Reply
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated January 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

    Hi,

    July 17th is our date and we are having just under 50 guests. So from what I read with the new federal guidelines regarding these phases, I need the state of Florida to be at a Phase 2 to have the wedding we planned. I am praying hard this can happen, but as we all know it is so unpredictable. I am going to wait it out as long as I can. I believe May will tell us a lot. I believe a lot of states will move to Phase 1 and start opening restaurants and other businesses with the restricted social distancing guidelines, so I am praying each phase can move forward in a timely manner.

    With your guest count at 50 and under, I would hold off as long as your venue allows before you have to notify them of changes. Our venues policy is 14 days. My initial reevaluation was going to be May 17th, 2 months until the wedding, but now that I only need to inform them 14 days out, I am going to see how the entire month of May plays out and make a final decision for my guests by June 17th.

    I wish you the best in your decision and just remember this virus will not take away the love we have for our Fiances. Sending love your way!

    • Reply
  • Meredith
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    Meredith ·
    • Flag
    I’m an 8/1/20 bride as well. I’m starting to explore postponing to next spring or summer. Even if businesses start re-opening by then, it’s likely not going to be responsible or safe to gather in large groups. It’s been a really hard/sad thing to contemplate. I just don’t want to put friends or family at risk of getting sick. I’m getting married out of state so all of my guests have to travel. I want to give people plenty of notice to cancel flights/hotels.
    • Reply
  • Kelly
    Beginner August 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Update : We canceled our wedding venue and eloping on the beach with 4-5 people including our videotogrophy and photo peeps. We are having our reception in 2021 late summer close to home.


    I'm excited and disappointed all at once but its happening..and cant wait to go on our honeymoon right after.
    For those having it, I applaud you all.
    Elopement is so much easier!!! Lol
    Namaste
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics