We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kenya
Just Said Yes September 2020

Moving Fast

Kenya, on August 30, 2020 at 4:19 PM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved Save

Anyone else has a short span of time to plan their wedding. We just decided to get married two weeks ago to the day, and plan to get married on September 18, 2020--10 years to the date we were supposed to get married before. Any tips on how to keep my sanity throughout this whirlwind of a process?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Mrs. Spring, on August 31, 2020 at 3:28 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    If you can find all inclusive venues that would be helpful
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I planned our wedding in 10 weeks. I would find an all inclusive place so you don’t have as many vendors to worry about. Also, keep things simple. People don’t cares about all the things that brides think they do. And lastly find friends or family that can help you and give them some things to help with. Good luck and Congratulations!
  • Kenya
    Kenya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Awesome...that's great advice. I didn't think of that!

• Kenya
    Kenya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wonderful advice! I do have a great group of friends who are going out of their way to make it easier on us, so that's a huge relief.

• Kenya
    Kenya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wonderful advice! I do have a great group of friends who are going out of their way to make it easier on us, so that's a huge relief.

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    All inclusive or just have a simple minimony
  • S
    Dedicated September 2020
    S Kab ·
    • Flag
    Definitely keep things simple to help the decision making process go smooth. Do you have a vision of what you’d like to see on that special day? Make a list of what’s important to you. With Covid-19 still around, you can find a nice park and have an outdoor ceremony. Depending on how many people you plan to invite, you could have family help cook the food or stick with finger foods (so long as you can serve in a safe/sanitized manner).
  • Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We planned ours in less than 8 months.

Pick the things that are most important to you, and let everything else go. Most people won't even notice what's "missing". (AKA, they are perks, not necessities.)

Three things are required for a wedding:

1. Couple (check)

2. License (get that fast)

3. Feeding any guests you may have (can be a restaurant, particularly if your guest list is micro)

That's it. Nothing more.

Everything else is gravy.

• Breann
    Devoted June 2020
    Breann ·
    • Flag

Make a list of what matters most to you. For me, I wanted to 1) elope at a nice Airbnb, and 2) spend a little more on photography. 3) I also wanted it to be a day to celebrate us becoming a family, not just about us as a couple.

Besides having the license, officiant, and witnesses (my state required two minimum), everything else is up to you.

Getting married on a weekday is cheaper too, as far as reservations and photographers.

• Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    It canbe done amd not too crazy if you aren't requiring many things. My friend was able to plan hers within a month but she married in her groom's parents' backyard and only needed to hire an officiant and order one bouquet from a florist. The only guests were the couple's parents.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics