Eugenia
Savvy June 2020

Mood Change

Eugenia, on April 13, 2020 at 5:49 PM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved

Hello girls, I love my fiancé and I am sure that I want to marry him but in these last days my mood to prepare the wedding has diminished. My wedding is Sep 5th and I was very happy planning everything. Now, not so much. The colors, the details, the dress, the invitation ... everything feels different, just normal. I don't know if it's because of everything that's been going on in the world but, the idea of having a big celebration, party, music, planning has diminished. Any advice.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Naikesha, on April 14, 2020 at 4:48 AM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

Aw, you know maybe it is a phase ? such as what you said - maybe it's just the fact that because the pandemic has kind of put a hamper on a lot of things, that your mood shifted with that?

• Eugenia
    Savvy June 2020
    Eugenia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes, I work in a hospital and seeing so many cases, deaths, the news, and everything that is happening I think it has affected at some point.
  • Sarah
    Savvy August 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

You're definitely not alone! It makes so much sense that the current state of the world would affect your mood right now, especially given your line of work. I'm a social worker and have been feeling the same way lately. I was so excited about planning everything and now it all feels different, which is definitely related to the pandemic. Personally, I'm putting my planning on hold for a couple of weeks, just so I can re-group. If you have all of your major vendors booked, you could pause your planning for a little bit and then resume planning once things have calmed down. Likely by then, you'll be able to find that joy in planning again, because the energy you're surrounded by will be different. At least that's what my plan is Smiley smile

• Katelin
    Savvy July 2020
    Katelin ·
    • Flag
    You aren’t alone girl! Our wedding is in July and although we’ve gotten all the planning done I’ve lost all happiness? Like, I’m so upset and stressed at this point that thinking about our wedding day isn’t very fun right now. It’s definitely stress from the pandemic. I work in a hospital as well, so I also understand how scary this all is. It’s definitely hard trying to stay positive right now. Especially when something you’ve waited so long for is possibly being pushed aside.
  • Erin
    Dedicated December 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    You're definitely not alone. ❤️ I just got engaged on March 19th and with everything going on in the world, I haven't felt like myself at all.
  • Alma
    Expert October 2020
    Alma ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This !! My wedding is in October and i haven’t been planning for a few weeks now because of the uncertainty! It defiantly changes your mood and deminishes the excitement of wedding planning. All of my major vendors are booked but I still have details to plan and engagement photos to reschedule. I hope the energy does shift by mid summer. 🙂
  • Naikesha
    Super September 2020
    Naikesha ·
    • Flag

Your not alone but think of it in a different state that working in a hospital you put your life at risk everyday and by the grace of God you made it out alive and well. Celebrate Life. We are all going through so much with this pandemic but a what about celebrating life, looking forward and being hopeful that there is a rainbow at the end of the wild road. You started by saying you love your Fiance girl there are people praying for a decent partner you are blessed with a good one who adores you enough to marry you. I totally understand how seeing all the negativity can jade your mind but for your own mental health and to help deal with the stresses of daily life continue to plan your big day. Find some joy in it. Think about seeing your loved ones again. partying with friends.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics