Emily
Devoted September 2020

moh vent

Emily, on February 12, 2020 at 8:32 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 6
Saved Save
Hey y’all -

I just really need to vent right now. For some reason, my emotions are at an all time high so this upset me more than it probably should

My family (mom, grandma, and MOH) were suppose to come see me where I live Friday and leave Sunday. They live about four hours away from me and I don’t see them very often because of work. We have had this planned for a couple of months now. My MOH texted me a couple of days ago saying that her boss didn’t let her off work. I was not mad at all and completely understood!
She texted me today, saying that she got invited to a concert in the same city where I live Friday night and she’s going and will have to leave 7am on Saturday to get back to work on time. She then told me if I didn’t want her to go to this concert she would understand. I told her she can and it’s not my place to tell her she can’t go. But on the inside, I’m really hurting. She originally told me there was no way for her to make it, and now all of the sudden she can but she’d rather go to a concert than spend time with me! Then on top of it, she told me she felt bad because she knows my birthday is Saturday. My birthday is tomorrow!! My MOH is my cousin, my best friend, and the last person I thought would forget my birthday.

I’m just upset because I thought I was going to get to spend time with her. But I feel silly for being upset Smiley sad

6 Comments

• Chelsea
    Dedicated October 2020
    Chelsea Online ·
    • Flag
    Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. This is something you definitely shouldn't feel silly about being upset at all! Happy Early Birthday dear! Are your mom and grandma still able to make it? Is there any opportunity to give yourself some self care pampering? Maybe try a new restaurant or get a beauty treatment you normally wouldn't?
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    No you're justified in being upset because you two are close. I am sorry that happened. Happy early bday.
  • Kelly
    Devoted March 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Yeah, that's ishy hun, I'm so sorry that happened to you!! I completely understand and you have every right for your feelings to be hurt!! Happy early birthday!! Try to understand that apparently, she doesn't get it. I don't think she intentionally ment to get you, even though she did and you have every right to be, I still think it was accidental, otherwise she wouldn't have told you about the concert. Hope you feel better!! Just try to forget about it and enjoy your birthday with the people that care enough to be there!!
  • Kelly
    Devoted March 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Meant to hurt you***
  • Emily
    Devoted September 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! And yes my mom and grandma are still coming thankfully. I think we are gonna do a spa day Smiley smile
  • B
    Beginner October 2020
    Brooke ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry! Happy early birthday! I would be upset as well. But don't let it bring your birthday down, and maybe plan to see her soon!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics