Danielle
Devoted May 2021

moh speech

Danielle, on March 29, 2020 at 12:34 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 10
Saved
My MOH is petrified of having to do a speech. I have tried to offer every idea possible and she turns them all down. I asked if she wanted to make a video and she said no. I asked her if she would write one and have another bridesmaid read it. She said no. I was going to have my cousin do it but I have decided not to have her in the wedding (she would have been perfect for it, however there were other issues that led to that decision). My cousin is also not someone I could have read the speech and not be in the wedding (there would be even more drama). Any other suggestions? What hurts the most is she knows us as a couple out of anyone else in the wedding and I really wouldn’t want anyone else to do it.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Dierdra, on March 30, 2020 at 5:04 AM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Honestly I think it’s just something to let go. Public speech isn’t someone’s thing at all.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree. I’m also wondering why it’s so necessary that it would require asking multiple times with various options. Can the speech simply be skipped? Seems easier on both of you.
  • Sandy
    Dedicated December 2021
    Sandy ·
    • Flag
    Why couldn’t you have your cousin write her own speech and speak? She doesn’t need to be part of the wedding party to speak.
  • Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

My MOH had no desire to do a speech, and I just let it go.

I *did* think my dad was going to have a huge emotional speech, but in the end, he had a very short speech, and then we tried not to cry while dancing.

Speeches aren't necessary. Let her be.

• VIP November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    I wouldn’t stress it - my sister MOH doesn’t like public speaking - so I told her not to worry about it - she said she will prob say something quick at the rehearsal dinner since it’ll be a small party but I told her to not stress it at all doesn’t matter to us
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    My sister who was my maid of honor didn't give a speech. She told me from the very beginning she didn't want to be maid of honor if I made her give a speech. I asked my brother who was my bride's man to give a speech instead as he loves public speaking. He was so honored to be able to do that for me. I wouldn't make anyone that doesn't like public speaking give a speech. I am assuming since she is your maid of honor that you knew before you asked her that she hates public speaking and just because you are getting married doesn't mean that she was suddenly going to want to give a speech. I would let it go. If there isn't someone else in your bridal party that you would like to give a speech then you don't need to have anyone give a speech. In addition to my brother and our best man, my dad gave a speech at our wedding.
  • Ally
    Dedicated June 2021
    Ally ·
    • Flag
    I hate speaking too and I would be so uncomfortable if someone forced me to do it. Don’t push it. If she’s uncomfortable you can have others speak.
  • W
    Super September 2020
    Willow ·
    • Flag
    Skip the MoH speech. As a guest, speeches are not fun, to put it nicely
  • A
    Dedicated April 2021
    Allyson ·
    • Flag

She could make a speech at the rehearsal dinner, if you are having one.

• Dierdra
    Super August 2021
    Dierdra ·
    • Flag

My baby sister is young and has stage fright, from talking with my mom, I think she is going to play us something on the piano.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics