We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

FutureMrsForbes
Super August 2014

Michigan Brides!!

FutureMrsForbes, on November 1, 2013 at 4:51 PM Posted in Planning 0 8
Saved Save

I'm having a terrible time finding an affordable Caterer and a photographer?? We are having a park wedding.

Where are my Michigan brides finding these services?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Destiny, on October 1, 2019 at 5:50 PM
  • SupermanBride
    Master October 2014
    SupermanBride ·
    • Flag

I used a dear friend for my photographer. Where about in the mitten are you??

her website is kickdrumphotography.com

She does engagement, wedding, and photobooths. She's so much fun to work with, but she's located in Milford, Michigan.

• M
    Master August 2014
    Miss S. ·
    • Flag

Http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/melanie-disbrow-photography-grand-rapids/2f42d4f361b6073d.html

I have worked with the above photographer before. Gorgeous pictures. Check her out Smiley smile

• BalletShoesRachel
    VIP September 2014
    BalletShoesRachel ·
    • Flag

Yeah, it will depend on where you're holding it. What area?

Our venue is also doing our catering. I'm not sure about photographers; FI is handling that. :-P

• FutureMrsForbes
    Super August 2014
    FutureMrsForbes ·
    • Flag

I'm in the Grand Rapids Area

• Christina
    Savvy May 2015
    Christina ·
    • Flag

Hi there, I'm in Grand Rapids too. I'm very early on in the planning so I don't have any personal experience with any vendors yet. I do have one photographer on my list that seems affordable compared to most (packages start at $1695) and has great reviews. Check him out: http://www.lewishizerphoto.com/

Catering I've not dug into too far yet. If affordability is really important, you could consider having more of an appetizer type thing, or even just going with a more casual buffet which I believe will be cheaper than any traditional steak or chicken plated dinner. I have to talk to my fiance about it still but for us I am imagining buffet tables with more casual crowd-pleasing foods like mini-burgers, the popular potato bar, stuff like that. No idea who I will hire to cook it though! Smiley smile

• FutureMrsK
    Expert October 2014
    FutureMrsK ·
    • Flag

I'm GR wedding, too. This weekend I was just emailing with someone I found a recommendation for by a Facebook friend of a Facebook friend. She was perfect, but not available on our date. Bummer. So our search continues. I really don't want to go over $1,000 for photography. Is that even going to be possible?

Photography by Susan Rene - Search on Facebook or email **********************@*****.***

• Tess
    Dedicated October 2019
    Tess ·
    • Flag
    Check out Kassidy Rhodes for photography- she’s so amazing and sweet and gives a lot of perks for the cost!

our caterer is Classic Catering, but they are definitely pricey. However, our venue makes us choose one of their caterers so we didn’t really have a choice. Great food, though!
  • Destiny
    VIP May 2020
    Destiny ·
    • Flag
    Im using sonic boom dj including officiant , dj/lightshow, photobooth and photographer 1565 for all that with a deposit of 120

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles