Future_Mrs.concanon
Devoted April 2019

Memorial Candles

Future_Mrs.concanon, on January 10, 2019 at 11:58 AM Posted in Planning 0 15
Saved Save
I was wondering do you only have memorial candles for the parents who have passed away or can they be for anyone that has passed on?

My aunt who has stage 4 cancer will possibly not be there for our wedding in April, they gave her two months expectancy in November shortly after Thanksgiving. We'll have one already for my fiances mom who passed last year in May. But I was wondering if I should have one there for her as well. I am very close to my Aunt but I just wasnt sure if the memorial candles are just for parents.

15 Comments

• Alexis
    Devoted December 2020
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    I think you can absolutely honor whichever loved ones have passed, parents or otherwise. Especially if you're close with your aunt, I think it would be a lovely dedication to her if she cannot be there.
  • Taylor
    Savvy November 2019
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

Hi! So sorry to hear about your Aunt.

We are doing a whole memorial table for grandparents and any loved one who we've lost. I would say do a memorial candle for anyone who you were close to and wish could be there with you.

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    • Flag
    You can honor any guests who are no longer with us.
  • Erika
    Expert April 2019
    Erika ·
    • Flag

I am honoring quite a few guests with candles. Sorry to hear about that

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I would say they are for anyone that has passed.

• Victoria
    Dedicated March 2019
    Victoria ·
    • Flag

You honor whoever you want. I have a candle for my great grandmother and a candle for my FH's grandmother. I also plan on honoring my dog who passed away last March.

• Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos ·
    • Flag
    I will have them for my uncle, grandparents, and great grandparents
  • Future_Mrs.concanon
    Devoted April 2019
    Future_Mrs.concanon ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you I just wasnt sure I see it a billion times a day the memorial candles and placards for those who passed I just didnt know if there was a rule to it.
  • Future_Mrs.concanon
    Devoted April 2019
    Future_Mrs.concanon ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Future_Mrs.concanon
    Devoted April 2019
    Future_Mrs.concanon ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sorry for your loss. Thank you for your help
  • Future_Mrs.concanon
    Devoted April 2019
    Future_Mrs.concanon ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sorry for you loss.
  • Future_Mrs.concanon
    Devoted April 2019
    Future_Mrs.concanon ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sorry for your loss. I'd add a few more candles but my grandfather, other aunt, cousin and God mother but, they are tattooed on me so I figured they're there in memory already.
  • Yoice
    Rockstar March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    You can honor whoever you want. You can have just one candle for all your lost ones as a general and name them in the card if you wish or have individual for each.
    I’m not much of a memorial candle myself, although I’m having a lot of candles in our reception. I wanted to find a way to honor my grandparents just in a different way. They both died a year apart in Cuba and their ashes were thrown to the ocean. Grandpa always said this way you can remember me anywhere in the world since the ocean connects. I plan on throwing the flowers of my bouquet to the ocean the next morning with a little memorial with just my parents and FH.
  • Future_Mrs.concanon
    Devoted April 2019
    Future_Mrs.concanon ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's is beautiful, I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for your help.
  • Ivy ORP
    VIP October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    • Flag

Our memorial table will include her mom and our close friend who actually brought us together. Memorial tables are for anyone who would be there if they could.

Comment on this discussion