We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Alyssa
Just Said Yes May 2021

May Wedding&covid-19: Should We Postpone?

Alyssa, on March 16, 2020 at 11:23 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 11
Saved Save
Reply
Hey all!
I think I just need some advice here. I have read the horrors of many of you having to cancel or postpone your wedding and I can’t imagine what you are going through! To sound like a toddler, it’s not fair!
With that being said, I was wondering what some of the May brides are thinking and doing? Our day is planned for 5/16/2020 with about 150 guest anticipated. Many of whom will be traveling, my fiancé mother and brother included. I am currently stuck on what to do? Should I contact vendors and see about postponing or do we just sit and hope that this is all over before then?
Thoughts?
Much love and support to all. ❤️

11 Comments

  • Madison
    Devoted October 2020
    Madison ·
    • Flag
    Mine was supposed to be April 25th and we just officially postponed. It’s the safer option for everyone.
    • Reply
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I think contacting your vendors and venue to know your options first is a good idea
    • Reply
  • Molly
    Expert September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

    I believe everything will pass by then. I would talk to vendors about your options, but I would wait a little longer to make any big decisions.

    • Reply
  • Chantal
    Expert August 2020
    Chantal ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    I agree with this. I am getting married 5/23 and we are still planning on it. There are a lot of things that can be change by then Smiley smile

    • Reply
  • Ashlei
    Dedicated September 2020
    Ashlei ·
    • Flag
    I’m getting married May 9 and as of now we plan on going ahead with it. We have a lot of out of town guests so I’m expecting quite a bit not to show up . But none of my vendors nor venue has said anything about canceling, so I’m hoping it’ll all calm down by then. Our honeymoon is in Iceland leaving May 11 so I’m praying the travel ban will be lifted by then and the world back to normal
    • Reply
  • Karen
    Beginner May 2020
    Karen ·
    • Flag
    We are 5/16 and as of right now planning to go ahead with it. I did just receive the heart breaking, crushing news that my bestie who was to be our co-officiant and lives in New Zealand will not be able to come 😭😭😭 Not because of her but because Air New Zealand is suspending all flights to the US through at least the end of June. I can’t even focus at work today. I hope all will be well by the wedding day. We just met with our venue on Thursday and we are a go from that end. Hugs to everyone!
    Karen
    • Reply
  • Jennifer
    VIP August 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

    Contacting your vendors to at least get a contingency plan is a great idea. Just to see what their policies and ideas are if you would have to postpone.

    • Reply
  • A
    Expert May 2020
    Alex ·
    • Flag

    Mine is May 24th. I am supposed to send my invitations in less than two weeks. We are going to see how the next few weeks go before we make any decisions. How are vendors handling their April weddings, are they being flexible with changes, what are the options. Hopefully we will have more info in the coming weeks.

    • Reply
  • Dana
    Beginner May 2020
    Dana ·
    • Flag
    I’m also 5/16. Our state put an actual ban (different from the CDC recommendation) on events more than 50 for 8 weeks from today. That would put us at 5/11. We invited 200.


    My venue says they canceled all events within the next 30 days but that she’s confident everything will be fine by my date... I feel like that’s cutting it pretty close... I’mnot sure what to do!
    We have a backup date of 8/2, but one that’s a Sunday (no Saturdays left not surprisingly) and two what if this is all okay for a bit after the ban is lifted (I.e. our original date) but then it comes back again and I find myself in the same position come August! This is so stressful!! This should be a happy time for all of us but instead it’s rather sad and frustrating.
    • Reply
  • A
    Dedicated May 2020
    Allyson ·
    • Flag

    We were planned for a 300 person wedding on 5/9/2020, invites were supposed to go out yesterday. We made the decision to cancel Sunday night and already have in completely rescheduled for April 2021. We are bummed that we have to wait a year but we are getting married in Philadelphia. So we didn't want to do October / November because its the most popular wedding month and all of the good vendors are taken. We didn't want to get married around the holidays and we didn't want to get married when the Philly Sludge (disgusting snow and filth) was on the ground haha so we are waiting to get the Dream Wedding. Good luck!!!!! I hope you are able to have your special day just as you dreamed.

    • Reply
  • yung_coconut
    Dedicated October 2019
    yung_coconut ·
    • Flag

    I think you should start looking at contingency plans. They're saying we might not see peak numbers of outbreaks for another 45 days, and California is expecting to keep schools closed for the rest of the school year (end of May/early June).

    • Reply

Comment on this discussion

×

Related articles