My fiancé and I booked our wedding venue January 2020 prior to covid for a May 2021 wedding date. Our venue is a ski resort in upstate NY. I have been trying to schedule a taste test, but we were told the resort/venue is closed till ski season! My mom said we can always do May 2022 but We have already booked 40% of the hotel and dozens of family members have booked transatlantic flights for it! Is anyone else for a May 2021 worried about their date and covid preventing it??? My twin sister and mom are both nurses so I am also aware if the risks of Covid and maybe 2022 would be better. Unfortunately, we spent $200 on save the dates already and the entire wedding is already planned 😅
May 2021 is a long way to go! We are scheduled for October 10, 2020, but are thinking about postponing to May 2021. No one knows how long this pandemic will go on. I would wait it out especially when everything had been planned. I am in the process of trying to change our date, and it has been a pain. Vendors are charging for postponement, and we risk losing thousands of dollars for deposit when a vendor doesn't have our date available.
View Quoted Comment
Omg! That’s horrible they’re charging for postponement! I’ve dreamt about this day forever and I am a control freak and the fact that this is out of my hand is what gets me! We’re May 29 2021. What date are you thinking?!
Hey there! Our wedding is in April 2021 and I get more discouraged everyday, ESPECIALLY since we live in Miami, the current epicenter of this whole virus...we too basically have everything planned, but have no choice but to take it day by day.
View Quoted Comment
Our wedding is scheduled for May 22, 2021. I am continuing to plan as if it is not going to change. I am trying not to be negative. Come November/December we will make the call to postpone it or have a small ceremony and then have a big wedding celebration at a later date. I am also lucky that if need be I will only loss a small amount of money right now because or venue is under contract but money is not due till 3 months before wedding.
I am scheduled for May 8 2021 and we just decided today to postpone to June 2022. The stress of not knowing has made wedding planning so unenjoyable that we decided it would be better to wait. If things do end up ok for May 2021 then they’ll still be good for 2022 so we should be ok no matter what! I just want to be able to safely hug my family members and dance the night away at my wedding 🤷🏼♀️
We are May 15, 2021. For now, we aren't postponing or cancelling. It's just too early to know. But honestly, we're not optimistic that we will be able to have the wedding we originally planned. We're already discussing and mentally preparing for scaling our wedding way down if things continue like this.
We were originally July 25th and postponed to May 22, 2021. The whole wedding is planned and we haven't made any adjustments just yet. I do think that there is a very good chance things will not be better by then and could probably be worse. I had to take a break from the uncertainty and anxiety about my July wedding so I am not going to think about it until the earliest next year. I do know that we would not postpone again and we would make whatever adjustments necessary to make it safer for next year. I've never been one to dream about my wedding, but I really was looking forward to our event and finally getting married by age 40. This isn't how I imagined things would go. I think you just have to make the best decision for yourself as there doesn't seem to be any ideal options at this point.
View Quoted Comment
Thank you, everyone! Our venue is huge (can fit up to 300 people). We will only have about 135-150 there so we’re hoping even if venues can only be at 50% occupancy we’ll be good. There’s plenty of room to social distance and the ceremony is outside. I’m hoping everyone gets to have their perfect day ❤️