Chantell
Savvy May 2020

Matron & Maid of Honor

Chantell, on August 21, 2019 at 9:02 PM Posted in Planning 0 18
Saved Save
Hi guys! Is it weird to have a matron of honor as well as a maid of honor? Then four bridesmaid? The matron of honor would be the one standing right next to be but i wanted to see what you guys thought about this?

18 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·
    No, lots of people have multiple MOHs.
  • Chantell
    Savvy May 2020
    Chantell ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Good to know! Thank you for your comment!!
  • Marcus & Marlisa
    Dedicated June 2020
    Marcus & Marlisa ·
    No, I have a maid of honor and a matron of honor with 6 bridesmaids and 2 Junior bridesmaids so it's completely up to you and what you are comfortable with.
  • Allison
    Devoted April 2020
    Allison ·
    It’s not weird at all! I have both a maid (my sister) and a matron (my best friend) of honor. A friend of mine is in a wedding and she gave all her girls the title of “bestie of honor” lol you don’t have to follow all the “rules”-it’s your wedding!
  • A
    Expert August 2019
    Aliciabilly2019 ·
    I think there should only be one matron or maid of honor but thats me ...its your day you get to decide but my opinion is only one all rest should be bridesmaids ..
  • Kelly
    Master October 2018
    Kelly Online ·
    I had a maid and a matron. So have most of the weddings I’ve been in.
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra Online ·
    I think it's only weird if you have 3 people in your wedding party. Makes the one single bridesmaid fee left out. But you have plenty so I think its fine!
  • Glacier
    Savvy June 2020
    Glacier ·
    I have a matron if honor (my daughter) 2 maids of honor (my sisters) and 4 bridesmaids. You can do whatever you like!
  • L
    Beginner October 2020
    Lexi ·
    I also have a maid and matron of honor and then 7 bridesmaids, not weird at all!!
  • S
    Expert October 2019
    Sara Online ·
    That’s what I ended up with too. My cousin is maid of honor and my friend is matron, and I also have bridesmaids. So far everything has run smoothly. Both girls had never met before, but have jointly planned the bachelorette party for this weekend. For the day of the wedding I’ll probably split up duties. One is giving a speech at the wedding and the other at the rehearsal. Just think about how personalities work together and make sure everyone knows who’s responsible for what.
  • Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·

Not at all! I have a Matron of Honor & a Maid of Honor with 5 other bridesmaids.

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·

I have one matron of honor (my sister), one maid of honor (my daughter), and one bridesmaid (my cousin). So, no I don't think it's weird at all!! Do whatever works for you!

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·
    View Quoted Comment

LOL!! This is the exact configuration of my bridal party!! My Matron of Honor (sister), maid of honor (daughter), and one bridesmaid (cousin).

But my cousin is totally chill, and doesn't feel left out at all. In fact, the titles hardly matter in my case, because we are all super close, and these ladies are all going above and beyond to give me the premiere wedding planning experience!! I am so lucky to have them!

• Amber
    Super May 2020
    Amber Online ·
    View Quoted Comment

Almost exactly the same lol! My matron of honor is my married sister, my maid of honor is my single sister, and future SIL is my bridesmaid! Personally I'm going to have my maid of honor next to me rather than my matron of honor, just because we are closer and I feel like she's going to be my right-hand man in this whole planning thing!

• Taylor
    Dedicated October 2020
    Taylor ·

I have both! My sister is my matron of honor and my best friend is my maid of honor I also felt that two people were required because my sister doesn't live in the country.

• Emily
    Expert April 2020
    Emily ·
    Do whatever feels right! I have two MOH’s!
  • Rachel
    Devoted October 2019
    Rachel ·

I think it is more common that ladies are having multiple MOHs. I've seen it at numerous weddings. Not to mention mine will have a Matron and a Maid. So I think if that's what you want then do it!

• 8BitBek
    Devoted October 2020
    8BitBek ·

I have a maid and matron. I couldn't pick, and one was married which opened the door to honor both of them. I asked my matron later on after having initially only asking her to be a bridesmaid but she was very happy to be bumped up. I don't know if my maid of honor is jealous of the fact there's two honor titles now, but she hasn't voiced it to me one way or the other.

Comment on this discussion