Hi ladies - for those of you who are still taking it day by day and your wedding is still moving forward for now did you get your marriage license already? We’re 58 days out and due to COVID-19 how are we supposed to go get our marriage license? Is your county office still open?
View Quoted Comment
What state are you in? You’ve got 50+ days until the wedding. It’s doubtful that everything will still be under lockdown then. I would call during business hours that’s probably still somewhere there. If not, you just wait it out and go as soon as they open. You’ll be ok, the gov’t buildings won’t be closed over 50 days
My fiance and I hit 29 days today, but unfortunately our premarital counseling paperwork just got mailed yesterday. Due to the extreme uncertainty of when and what will close or limit to necessity, we sucked it up and got our license today at full price. A lot can happen over the weekend and our county just got their first 2 confirmed cases today.. Anyway, if your county/state is 60 days, I'd go ahead. If it's 30, like mine, you'll have to wait and hope it can be done since no one knows how this is going to play out. Good luck!
Hi Veronica. I know it's difficult with everything so up in the air right now. You still have some time, so I would give it a few days then try to check back with your county office. These closures happened quickly, so they may have just needed a little time to get a plan in place.