We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Monica
Super October 2021

Mariachi timing

Monica, on August 15, 2020 at 11:00 AM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved Save
We created a new contract w our mariachi ppl for our postponed date & voided the old contract but now they are charging us $200 more (which sucks but oh well) & they changed the time. Before they were going to come 3:30-5:30 but now they say they can only start at the top of the hour. The new time is 4-6

Our DJ is DHs cousin who will be a guest at the ceremony. My thoughts were that the mariachi could start music during cocktail hour so his cousin isnt rushing to the reception hall. I asked DH what he thinks & he wasn’t any help. But he did say that his cousin wouldn’t care.
Church: 2:10-2:40Reception cocktail hour 3pmGrand entrance 4pm, first dance, welcome speech, BM/groom speeches, &bless the foodDinner 4:20/4:30-5:30(roughly) @5pm we will do father daughter dance & mother son dance while everyone is still eating

So my question is this. Would you rather a mariachi be there during the cocktail hour + part of dinner (3pm-5pm) or during your entrance + all of dinner & right before dancing starts (4-6).

5 Comments

Latest activity by Monica, on August 17, 2020 at 8:42 PM
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Talk to the cousin directly. He is vendor so you and him need to be on the same page with no surprises.

Either of your options would work.
  • Monica
    Super October 2021
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    The more i think about it, even tho I would really like the mariachi to be playing while guests arrive to the reception but it doesn’t make sense to do that if they are going to miss half of dinner which is the norm. So maybe I should leave it as it is 4-6pm. Too bad Cus 3:30-5:30 was perfect but oh well
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

I think 4-6 might make more sense, especially so they don't have to move / reset between the cocktail hour and the reception!

• Bianca
    Just Said Yes February 2022
    Bianca ·
    • Flag

4-6 OF COURSE !Smiley heart

• Monica
    Super October 2021
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Okay so now im realizing my MIL told me incorrectly. She actually changed the timing to 4-6 because she thought it would be “better”. So leave it as 4-6 or change to my original timing of 3:30-5:30. It’s only a 30 minute difference but the difference would be that from 3:30 to 5:30 would include some of the cocktail hour.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics