Is anyone else getting married in March starting to worry about their event. The cases are still bad where we live and family members are starting to ask our parents “what are they going to do about their wedding”
My big wedding is March 27 and I am starting to worry a little. If you asked me a month ago I would've said no worrying at all, but my state is also seeing an increase as is most states. And honestly I think that it will just get worst in the next few months so I am unsure how it will look in March.
My husband and I decided to have a minimony in October for this specific reason. So that we can get married and celebrate with our closest family and friends in case we have to push the big event back.
I am the same date as you, here in New Jersey. We're just waiting on our governor to ban indoor dining so we can pull out of our venue. It's the only way the venue has agreed to us cancelling completely and getting a full refund. We're paid up about 80% of the cost.
It's been so stressful and I'm "over" the planning. Plus, we have lots of elderly and international guests on our lists - we think it would be insensitive and selfish of us to host a large indoor gathering late March.
But who knows! It' sucks being a Covid bride. I feel for you.
I’m 2 weeks after you in AZ. Getting a little nervous but am going to accept what happens - what choice do we have?? We’re getting married on 4/3/21 regardless- the only thing that would change is the guest list.
We have about 120 people at an all-indoor venue and it just didn't feel right to keep moving forward (even though Florida doesn't actually have any restrictions). We also didn't want to start making our big final payments coming up in January and then have to scramble even more if there is a real shutdown or something. We are going to postpone our whole event to September and wait until then to get married. We've been together 6 years already, so what's another 6 months? Plus our new date will be right around our 7-year dating anniversary. Originally we considered doing a minimony on our original date followed by a big event for our one-year anniversary, so that is another option if you do decide to postpone.
I’m starting to panic I literally have everything already together but I haven’t pulled the trigger on sending out invitations because I’m sure we’re going to get shut down soon. Just not sure when the restrictions will be lifted.
We are April 22 and just last month we decreased our guest count from 100 to 40. Now with it being so intimate and at an indoor/outdoor private venue, we are not too worried. The only thing that would change is doing dancing and reception outside in the garden instead of inside — but the venue has offered to provide a complimentary tent with lighting and a dance floor if the state mandate still says no dancing inside. Decreasing the guest count lifted a huge burden off us and now I’m getting back into the excitement of planning!
Hi I'm freaking out our wedding date is set for March 20. I have almost everything done already and starting to worry we may have to push our date back, which would break my heart. I am trying to wait until January and see how the restrictions are then.
It is truly devastating, but winter / spring weddings are not going to be normal or even close. Restrictions will still be in full force and cases are going to be very high... especially given influenza peak for some regions is Jan-March. 😞
Our wedding is supposed to be March 19th! We are going to chat with our venue this coming week but I am nervous we will have to postpone again. Our original date was October 31st. Now I’m thinking we may have to push back to July - September! Being a covid bride sucks and I hate to see all our dreams go out the door.
Our original date was March 28th, 2020. We had to cancel our wedding a week and a half before it was due to happen. Everything was in place and ready to go. We got married at his parents mantel in a panic with only our parents present and moved our big wedding to August 8th.... then October 16th... then back to March 28th of 2021 and now I'm feeling sick to my stomach that we will likely have to move it again.
View Quoted Comment
Aw I’m getting married March 19th🥰 so excited! I would go ahead and do that option to keep the original date and celebrate later if we had to postpone. Still enjoy the marriage, I’m just ready lol. Covid ain’t stopping nothing except a few guests for coming...which sucks a lot, but the life must go on! Can only do what you can, FaceTime exists haha
I was April 18, 2020 (we got married anyway) then December 5, 2020, and now March 27, 2021...we’re just going to have it....we already got price increases and it’s just a financial burden to us at this point. I have a good amount of friends and family getting vaccinated. My husband not so much....but there’s not much we can do without hurting financially again
I was originally supposed to get married January 2 and moved the date to March 27. Did anybody already postpone their March wedding? Our venue has April 30 available and I'm wondering if one month is going to make that much of a difference.